2022. június 3., péntek

Teagan Hunter: Puck Shy – Értékelés | Puck Shy by Teagan Hunter – Review

 
! PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH !
 
Teagan Hunter: Puck Shy | Könyvprofil
Sorozat: Carolina Comets
A sorozat kötetei:
Puck Shy
Blind Pass
One-Timer
Sin Bin (várható megjelenés: 2022. július 21.)
Fülszöveg:
I’m having the definition of a bad year.
 
Game Six loss costing my team the Cup? Check.
Getting arrested and ruining my image? Check.
Almost getting run over after my car breaks down? Oh, look—a hat trick.
 
My contract is up with the Carolina Comets this year, and I need to get it together if I want to stay with the team.
I need relaxation, not a relationship.
But when I’m scrolling on a dating app and stumble across the pretty girl who almost ran me over, I know I can’t let her walk away this time.
Harper is funny, smart, and doesn’t care about hockey.
I’m not supposed to be focusing on anything other than my career, yet I can’t get Harper off my mind.
I know I shouldn’t fall for her…but I think I already have.
 
PUCK SHY is a standalone hockey romantic comedy. Its good, low angst fun with some hot hockey players.
 
 
Teagan Hunter Carolina Comets című sorozatával már egy jó ideje szemezgettem, azonban valamilyen oknál fogva csak néhány nappal ezelőtt kerítettem rá sort. Ennek legfőbb oka az volt, hogy nagyon elszomorított, hogy az előző olvasmányomat félbe kellett hagynom, ezért valami nagyon imádnivaló és humoros történettel szerettem volna feldobni a hangulatom. Teagan Hunter Puck Shy című alkotása pedig erre tökéletes volt, ezúttal sem kellett csalódnom az írónőben.
Teagan Hunter ezúttal egy olyan ellenállhatatlanul szerethető, jégkorongos, barátságból-szerelem témájú kötettel örvendeztette meg az olvasóit, amely garantáltan mosolyt fog csalni mindenki arcára.
 
You know, I think part of me started falling for you the first time we met.
 
A Puck Shy férfi főszereplője Collin Wright, aki egy igazán nehéz éven van túl. A szakmai életének elmúlt egy évében nem éppen mondhatnánk, hogy sikert sikerre halmozott, verekedésbe keveredett, aminek következtében alaposan megromlott a róla kialakult közkép, és ha ez még nem lenne elég, a hoki szezon kezdete előtt majdnem el is ütötték. De hogy jutott el idáig?
Mivel egy elég botrányos éven van túl, úgy döntött, az lesz a legjobb, ha a szezon kezdete előtt igyekszik a háttérben maradni, így a nyarat a szülei farmján töltötte. A nyár végének közeledtével, a hazafelé tartó útján lerobbant a kocsija, ezért gyalog indul el segítségért. Azonban arra nem számított, hogy az amúgy is elég rosszra sikeredett napját még az fogja tetőzni, hogy majdnem el is gázolják. És hogy ki ült a volán mögött? Egy Harper Kelly nevezetű lány, aki imádja a horror filmeket és hasonló témájú babák készítésével foglalkozik. Ó, és nem mellesleg, rühelli a sportot, ezért fogalma sincs arról, hogy akit majdnem elütött, az nem más, mint egy igencsak híres jégkorong játékos.
Harper segítségképpen felajánl Collin-nak egy fuvart, és a terveik szerint kettejük kapcsolatának itt véget is kellene érnie. Arra viszont egyikük sem számít, hogy egy párkereső alkalmazáson fognak útjaik kereszteződni.
Vajon mi lesz kettejük ismerkedésének vége? Megtudhatjátok, ha elolvassátok Teagan Hunter Puck Shy című alkotását.
 
Real love doesn’t come around often. Hell, sometimes it never comes around at all. But when it does… it’s worth waiting for.
 
Teagan Hunter írásmódját és történetvezetését szerintem egyszerűen nem lehet nem szeretni. Annyira olvasmányosan ír az írónő, ha egyszer belevágok egy alkotásának az olvasásába, egyszerűen képtelen vagyok letenni, amíg a végére nem érek. Az ő regényeiben azt szeretem nagyon, de nagyon, hogy mindig beleépít egészen sok üzenetváltós részt is. Egyszerűen zseniálisnak tartom ezeket a kis jeleneteket, úgy örültem neki, hogy a Puck Shy-ban is voltak bőven ilyenek.
Na, de most térjünk is rá a karakterekre. Collin és Harper... Mit is mondjak róluk? Elmondhatatlanul cukik együtt, ha jól emlékszem, eddig még sosem olvastam olyan párról, akik ennyire szeretik a horror filmeket, nagy örömmel olvastam a kis eszmecseréiket. Volt, hogy nem értettek valamiben egyet, de mégis annyira egy hullámhosszon voltak, annyira jól működnek együtt. Egyszerűen imádom őket, kész vége, ez a lényeg, nem is húznám tovább az időt.
Ryan, Harper legjobb barátnője, egy kifejezetten üdítő karakter. Nagyon szeretek olyan barátságokról olvasni, amelyben az egyik fél inkább félénkebb és csendesebb, viszont a másik a tökéletes ellentéte. Ryan és Harper nem is különbözhetnének jobban egymástól, mégis magával ragadó a barátságuk. Ryan egy kifejezetten szókimondó lány, az biztos, hogy ami a szívén, az a száján.
 
“Hey, man, listen. If you need anyone to talk to…”
“You’re here. Yeah, I know.”
“Oh, you think I want to talk to you? No way. I was gonna put that shit on Rhodes.”
 
Ebben a regényben Collin csapattársai közül Rhodes és Lowell keltették fel a legjobban az érdeklődésemet. Teljesen oda meg vissza vagyok a barátságukért, mindig számíthatnak a másikra, de az ugratásokból sem volt hiány.
Hogy én mennyire meglepődtem, amikor Seph, Denver, Delia és Zach is feltűntek néhány jelenetben! Először nem is akartam hinni a szememnek, vissza is kellett olvasnom ezeket a mondatokat, hogy megbizonyosodjak róla, valóban a Légy merész sorozat szereplői azok. És tényleg ők azok! Úristen!!! Majd kicsattantam a boldogságtól, már a sírás szélén álltam, annyira örültem neki, hogy újra olvashattam egy keveset kedvenc párosaimról.


Az egyetlen dolog, ami nekem hiányzott a történetből nem más, mint hogy én örültem volna neki, hogy ha az írónő foglalkozik egy kicsit Harper családi helyzetével is. A kötet elején említésre kerül, hogy a lány édesanyja nagyon szeretné már, ha Harper végre találna magának egy párt, és előfordult már az is, hogy ebben a témában már megjegyzést tett arra is, hogy vele ellentétben a nővére már talált magának egy sikeres férjet. Vártam arra, hogy valamilyen módon szóba kerüljön ez a probléma is. Ezt a szálat egy kicsit lezáratlannak érzem.
 
A shadow falls over her and a beer appears in front of her face. She grins at the tall guy with ink-black hair and black-framed glasses who takes the seat next to her. He’s wearing a shirt that says “G.O.A.T Dad” with a picture of him and several tiny goats. I’m not usually into the whole nerd-vibe thing he has going, but this guy is… wow.
She takes the drink from his outstretched hand, then tips the cup my way. “Plus, the alcohol helps. I’m Delia, by the way.” She gestures toward the guy beside her. “This is my husband, Zach. Please ignore his embarrassing shirt. He wouldn’t take it off.”
He leans around her and send me a grin. “She’s always trying to get me naked.”
She swats at him. “Zachary!”
 
Mindent figyelembe véve, Teagan Hunter Puck Shy című regénye tökéletes bevezetést nyújtott az írónő Carolina Comets sorozatába, már most teljesen beleszerelmesedtem a karakterekbe, és alig várom, hogy még többet olvashassak róluk! Ha egy könnyed, kikapcsolódást nyújtó, humorral megfűszerezett történetre vágytok, akkor szerintem nem is érdemes tovább keresgélni, a Puck Shy pontosan az, amire most éppen vágytok.
Ha szerettétek az írónő Légy merész sorozatát, szerintem a Puck Shy is gyorsan a kedvenceitek között fog landolni. (Ha pedig még nem olvastátok volna, akkor annak is mindenképpen érdemes adni egy esélyt.) Bátran merem ajánlani nektek.
Értékelés: 4,5 csillag
 

 
Puck Shy by Teagan Hunter | Book profile
Series: Carolina Comets
Books in the series:
Puck Shy
Blind Pass
One-Timer
Sin Bin (expected release: July 21, 2022)
Blurb:
I’m having the definition of a bad year.
 
Game Six loss costing my team the Cup? Check.
Getting arrested and ruining my image? Check.
Almost getting run over after my car breaks down? Oh, look—a hat trick.
 
My contract is up with the Carolina Comets this year, and I need to get it together if I want to stay with the team.
I need relaxation, not a relationship.
But when I’m scrolling on a dating app and stumble across the pretty girl who almost ran me over, I know I can’t let her walk away this time.
Harper is funny, smart, and doesn’t care about hockey.
I’m not supposed to be focusing on anything other than my career, yet I can’t get Harper off my mind.
I know I shouldn’t fall for her…but I think I already have.
 
PUCK SHY is a standalone hockey romantic comedy. Its good, low angst fun with some hot hockey players.

 
The Carolina Comets series by Teagan Hunter had been on my to-be-read list for quite a while, and I do not even know why I have been putting off reading it, but this does not even matter now, because a few days ago, I have finally started to read it. And right now, I could kick myself for not doing it earlier!
The reason why I have decided to pick it up was that I had to stop reading the book I was reading before Puck Shy, and that made me super sad, so I wanted something light and funny to brighten my mood. Let me just say that Puck Shy was the best choice for cheering me up, Teagan Hunter never ever disappoints.
With Puck Shy, she gave us an irresistibly adorable, hockey themed friends-to-lovers story that will undoubtedly put a smile on every readers face.
 
You know, I think part of me started falling for you the first time we met.
 
The hero of Puck Shy is Collin Wright, who has had a pretty rough year. It could not really be said that the last hockey season was a succes for him, he got in a fight that resulted in his pulic image being destroyed, and if that was not enough, he almost got run over. How did he get to this point?
Due to the fact that the last year was quite unsuccessful for him, he decided it would be the best if he kept a low profile until the next season starts, so he flew to his parents farm and spent the summer there. When he was driving home, unfortunately, his car broke down, and as he was walking to the nearest exit, he almost got run over. Who was driving that car? It was none other than a girl named Harper Kelly, who is a huge fan of horror films and she makes horror themed dolls. Oh, and she is absolutely not interested in sports, so she has no idea that the guy she almost hit was a famous hockey player.
Harper offers Collin a ride, and after they reach their destination, that is the end for their relationship too. None of them expected to find each other again, especially not on a dating app.
What happens then? You can find out if you decide to read Puck Shy by Teagan Hunter.

Real love doesn’t come around often. Hell, sometimes it never comes around at all. But when it does… it’s worth waiting for.
 
In my opinion, it is impossible to not to love Teagan Hunters writing style and storytelling. Her writing makes it so super easy to read her stories, once I start one, it is super hard to convince myself to put it down. What I absolutely adore in her novels is that she always includes some text message sections in her stories. I think these are simply brilliant, I am so incredibly happy that she included some in Puck Shy too.
But now, lets talk about the characters. Collin and Harper... What should I say about them? Words can not possiby describe how cute they are together. So far, I have never read about a couple who loves horror movies as much as they do, and it was quite refreshing, I enjoyed their little exchanges a lot. Although sometimes they do have some disagreements, they are on the same wavelenght, they work together amazingly as a couple. I wholeheartedly adore them, that is all I have to say about them.
Ryan, a.k.a. Harpers best friend, is such a refreshing character. I love to read about friendships in which one of them is really shy and quite, and the other one is the complete opposite. Harper and Ryans friendship is exactly like that, and it is so fascinating. Ryan is a straightforward girl, she always speaks her mind.
 
“Hey, man, listen. If you need anyone to talk to…”
“You’re here. Yeah, I know.”
“Oh, you think I want to talk to you? No way. I was gonna put that shit on Rhodes.”
 
In this novel, out of Collins teammates, Rhodes and Lowell really caught my attention. I adore their friendship, they can always count on each other, and there is a huge amount of entertaining banter between them.
Guys, you can not even imagine how surprised I was when Seph, Denver, Delia and Zach appeared in a few scenes! I could not even believe my eyes, I literally had to reread those sentences to make sure I read and understood them correctly, and yes I did! Yes, the characters from Teagans Texting series do make an appearance in this series. Oh my goodness!!! My heart was bursting with happiness, seriously I was on the verge of crying because I got to meet my favourite characters again.
 

 
The only thing I missed from this story is that the author did not really focus on Harpers family situation. It is mentioned in the beginning that Harpers mother really wants her daughter to finally settle down with a man, and it also happend that she made a comment about the fact that Harpers older sister is already married to a successful man. I was expecting this problem to be addressed in some shape or form. I felt that this line was a little bit unfinished.
 
A shadow falls over her and a beer appears in front of her face. She grins at the tall guy with ink-black hair and black-framed glasses who takes the seat next to her. He’s wearing a shirt that says “G.O.A.T Dad” with a picture of him and several tiny goats. I’m not usually into the whole nerd-vibe thing he has going, but this guy is… wow.
She takes the drink from his outstretched hand, then tips the cup my way. “Plus, the alcohol helps. I’m Delia, by the way.” She gestures toward the guy beside her. “This is my husband, Zach. Please ignore his embarrassing shirt. He wouldn’t take it off.”
He leans around her and send me a grin. “She’s always trying to get me naked.”
She swats at him. “Zachary!”
 
Taking everything into account, Puck Shy by Teagan Hunter is the perfect introduction to the Carolina Comets series, I have fallen head over heels in love with the characters, I can not wait to get to know them better and to read their stories. If you are in the mood for a light, relaxing and funny read, then do not look any further, Puck Shy is literally the best choice for you, it is exactly what you are looking for right now.
If you have read and enjoyed her series titled Texting, then trust me, Puck Shy will quickly become one of your favourites too. (And if you have not read that series yet, please do, trust me it is so super good.) I can highly and honestly recommend it to you!
Final rating: 4,5 stars

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése