2022. július 12., kedd

Cambria Hebert: WET – Értékelés | WET by Cambria Hebert – Review

 
! PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH !

Cambria Hebert: WET | Könyvprofil
Sorozat: Westbrook Elite
A sorozat kötetei:
WET
Fülszöveg:
Making decisions I regret is basically a hobby.
So I guess it really wasn’t that surprising when I went out on a date with an Elite.
And then he tried to assault me.
I might be small, but I’m not meek. I fought him off… then went straight to the dean.
He didn’t believe me. No one does.
And now my date from hell is in revenge mode, and I somehow end up in the campus pool.
Did I mention I can’t swim?
Lucky for me, a knight in shining armor saves me from drowning.
Except he’s not wearing shining armor. He’s naked.
And he’s also Elite.
Seriously, what is up with these Elite swimmers?
Of course, I have no intention of ever seeing his very good-looking, naked highness again.
Elite obviously can’t be trusted.
Until he wraps me in his hoodie and promises to believe me.
Now I’m drowning again—but this time in his enigmatic cobalt eyes and addictive touch.
My only oxygen is him. I think I maybe could fall in love.
But will he keep his promise when I tell him the truth about his teammate?
Or will trusting Ryan with my heart and my life be just another decision to regret?
 

 
A recenziós példányt az írónő és a Give Me Books PR csapata biztosította számomra egy őszinte értékelését cserébe.

Cambria Hebert Hashtag című sorozata volt az egyike a legelső angol nyelvű olvasmányaimnak. Az írónő alkotásai minden egyes alkalommal felejthetetlen élményben részesítenek engem, előszeretettel térek vissza hozzájuk, nem is tudnám pontosan megmondani nektek, hányszor olvastam már újra a Hashtag és a BearPaw Resort regényeket (bátran ajánlom mindkettőt figyelmetekbe).
Habár mindenféle témájú történetet imádok az ő tollából, be kell valljam, nagyon boldog voltam, amikor bejelentette, hogy visszatér az egyetemen játszódó romantikus sztorikhoz. Ki tudna betelni az ő sportos, egyetemi környezetben játszódó történeteivel? Én biztosan nem. Ahogy már fentebb is említettem, nagyon, de nagyon szerettem a Hashtag sorozatát, ezért nagy elvárásokat állítottam a WET elé is, viszont így, hogy már befejeztem az olvasását, örömmel tudatom veletek, hogy nekem egyáltalán nem okozott csalódást. Cambria Hebert sosem okoz csalódást.
 
“He’s the one that helped me at the pool.”
Kimberly gasped. “Him! Rory, you told me it was just some random guy.”
“Save a girl from drowning, and she calls you random,” he muttered (…).
 
A WET női főszereplője Aurora (Rory) Coin, aki nem is olyan régen egy borzalmas eseményen esett túl. Történt ugyanis, hogy randira hívta az egyetem úszócsapatának egyik tagja, Jonas, és jól is érezték magukat, de aztán a fiú egy új szintre szerette volna emelni kettejük ismertségét, Rory viszont abszolút nem volt nyitott erre. Ekkor kezdtek elfajulni a dolgok, hiszen Jonas majdnem megerőszakolta a lányt. Rory a dékánhoz fordult, de a férfi nem hitt neki, és nem is indított nyomozást az ügyben. Rory azonban nem akarta ennyiben hagyni a dolgot, elhatározta, hogy bizonyítékot fog szerezni, nem fogja hagyni, hogy más lányok is Jonas áldozatául essenek.
Rory-nak sikerül is olyan bizonyítékot szereznie, amivel megkérdőjelezhetetlenné válik Jonas bűnössége. Viszont Jonas sem hagyja magát, bármire képes annak érdekében, hogy a piszkos kis dolgairól ne szerezzen tudomást a világ. Ebbe beleértve azt is, hogy belelöki az úszni nem tudó Rory-t a medencébe. 
Ekkor jön be a képbe a kötet férfi főszereplője, Ryan Walsh, aki Jonas-hoz hasonlóan az egyetemi úszócsapat tagja. Sőt mi több, az egyik legsikeresebb tagja. Jonas nem számolt azzal, amikor belelökte Rory-t a medencébe, hogy valaki más is van az épületben. Ryan ekkor ugyanis épp a zuhanyzóban tartózkodott, és mivel hangokat hallott a medence felől, elhatározta, hogy megnézi, ki is lehet még ott rajta kívül. Ekkor lesz figyelmes Rory-ra a medencében, és egyből a lány segítségére siet. Viszont ez a mentőakció sem problémamentes.
Kíváncsiak vagytok rá, hogy mi is történik ezután? Nem szeretném az egész történetet lespoilerezni, szóval ha elolvassátok Cambria Hebert WET című alkotását, megtudhatjátok, hogyan is alakul Ryan és Rory története.
 
“Bro!” Jamie appeared, rolling through the office door soaking wet with a pair of googles in his hand. He barged right over to me, flinging his drenched arm around my shoulders.
Bro had totally been eavesdropping at the door.
“Why aren’t you in the pool, Owens?”
“I missed my bro.”
 
Cambria Hebert karaktereit egyszerűen nem lehet nem szeretni. Na jó, itt ebben az esetben Jonas-t kifejezetten utáltam, de ezzel a mondattal a főszereplőire céloztam.
Rory már a kezdetektől fogva egy nagyon szerethető főhősnő, akivel könnyen és gyorsan tud azonosulni az olvasó. Ryan pedig az egyik legtökéletesebb könyves álompasi, akiről valaha is olvashattam. ide most jönne úgy egy millió szívecskés szemű hangulatjel Ők ketten pedig egy elmondhatatlanul imádnivaló párost alkotnak, szívmelengető volt olvasni a közös jeleneteiket.
Jamie-nek is nagyon gyorsan sikerült elrabolnia a szívemet, bízom benne, hogy a Westbrook Elite következő kötete róla fog szólni. ! SPOILER VESZÉLY ! Szerintem Madison-nal igazán jó párt alkotnának, nagyon tetszettek a kis szóváltásaik, plusz az is, hogy Jamie már most ennyire védelmezte a lányt. Bízom benne, hogy összejönnek. Bár, Jamie reakciói alapján bizony ő lesz szerelmének tárgya. ! VÉGE A SPOILER RÉSZLEGNEK ! Ryan és Jamie barátsága számomra a kötet egyik fénypontja, ők a legjobbak, bízom benne, hogy a sorozat következő részében is ilyen sok közös jelenetet kapunk velük.
És még akkor nem is írtam Wes-ről, aki a többiekhez hasonlóan gyorsan a kedvencem lett. Az ő életébe is nyerhetünk egy kis betekintést, és azt kell mondjam, egész érdekesnek ígérkezik az ő története is.
A történet szempontjából azt is fontosnak tartom megemlíteni, hogy az írónő olyan témákkal is fogalkozott, amelyeket szerintem nagyobb hangsúlyt kellene fektetnünk. Örültem, hogy teret adott nekik ebben a regényben, szerintem igazán jól közelítette meg őket.
 
“Fate?”
I scoffed. “You believe in fate?”
“Hard not to when you’re sitting right here in front of me.”
 
Negatívumként csupán azt tudnám felhozni, hogy nekem Ryan és Rory kapcsolata egy kicsit gyorsan haladt, én arra számítottam, hogy már csak a történetek miatt is, egy kicsivel lassabb lefolyású lesz a dolog. Annyiból nem bánom, hogy így lett, hogy ennek köszönhetően rengeteg cuki jelenetet kaptunk, de szerintem jobb lett volna, ha egy picit lassabb tempóban építi fel az írónő kettejük kapcsolatát.
Ami még egy kicsit zavart, az nem más, mint hogy a karakterek, de legfőképpen Jamie, számtalan alkalommal úgy hivatkozik a másikra, hogy bro. Értem én, hogy ez az egymásnak szánt becenevük, de olyan sokszor fordult ez a kis szócska elő ebben a történetben, hogy engem nagyon gyorsan zavarni kezdett. 
 
“Go home, Ryan.”
“What if home is you?”
 
Mindent figyelembe véve, WET című alkotásával Cambria Hebert ismét bebizonyította, hogy ő aztán tudja, hogyan is kell egy izgalmakkal teli, egyetemi sportos romantikus regényt írni. A Westbrook Elite sorozatban megannyi lehetőség lapul, és már alig várom, hogy meglássam, hogyan is fogja ezeket kivitelezni az írónő. A WET ugyanazokat az érzéseket váltotta ki belőlem, mint az általam nagyon szeretett Hashtag sorozat, a szívemhez nőttek ezek a karakterek is, tűkön ülve várom, hogy ismét olvashassak kis csapatukról.
Értékelés: 4,5 csillag
 
WET | Beleolvasó
“Aurora Coin, who goes by Rory but hates it when I call her that, so I call her Carrot, which she says she also hates but really secretly loves.”
I rolled my eyes. Why is he so charming?
“Who is also really good with a camera, grew up in Chicago, acts like a rottweiler even though she’s a chihuahua, uses all my shampoo, and insults my Jeep and my clothes.”
“Are you trying to ask me out or make a bullet point presentation?” I wondered.
He mock-gasped, pressing a hand to his chest. “I’m being romantic.”
“Some of these things sound like insults,” I pointed out.
He chuckled, and damn, if it didn’t make my stomach flutter. Shuffling forward, he reached for my hand, entwining our fingers. “But they’re not. They’re just some of the reasons I want you. You and only you. Be my girlfriend. My only.”
 
 
WET by Cambria Hebert | Book profile
Series: Westbrook Elite
Books in the series:
WET
Blurb:
Making decisions I regret is basically a hobby.
So I guess it really wasn’t that surprising when I went out on a date with an Elite.
And then he tried to assault me.
I might be small, but I’m not meek. I fought him off… then went straight to the dean.
He didn’t believe me. No one does.
And now my date from hell is in revenge mode, and I somehow end up in the campus pool.
Did I mention I can’t swim?
Lucky for me, a knight in shining armor saves me from drowning.
Except he’s not wearing shining armor. He’s naked.
And he’s also Elite.
Seriously, what is up with these Elite swimmers?
Of course, I have no intention of ever seeing his very good-looking, naked highness again.
Elite obviously can’t be trusted.
Until he wraps me in his hoodie and promises to believe me.
Now I’m drowning again—but this time in his enigmatic cobalt eyes and addictive touch.
My only oxygen is him. I think I maybe could fall in love.
But will he keep his promise when I tell him the truth about his teammate?
Or will trusting Ryan with my heart and my life be just another decision to regret?
 

 
The ARC was kindly provided by the author and the team of Give Me Books PR in exhange for an honest review.
 
Cambria Heberts Hashtag series was one of the very first books I have read in English. Each and every time I pick up one of her books, she gives me an unforgettable experience, I love to go back to and reread her stories, I can not even tell you exactly how many times I have reread the Hashtag and the BearPaw Resort books (I can highly recommend both of these to you).
Although I love anything she writes, I was incredibly happy when she has announced that she would be writing college romances again. Who could get enough of her college sport romances? I simply could not. I was super excited for WET, because as I have mentioned above, I loved the Hashtag series, and because of that, I kinda had high expectations for this one, but I am happy to say that it definitely did not disappointed me. Cambria Hebert never ever disappoints.
 
“He’s the one that helped me at the pool.”
Kimberly gasped. “Him! Rory, you told me it was just some random guy.”
“Save a girl from drowning, and she calls you random,” he muttered (…).
 
The heroine of WET is Aurory (Rory) Coin who had to go through a very terrible experince not so long ago. She was asked on a date by one of the members of the colleges swim team, Jonas, and it went good up until that point where Jonas wanted to take things a lot further, but Rory did not. This is when things took a really dark turn, because Jonas almost raped her. She went to the dean, but he did not belive her, so there was no further investigation in this case. Rory did not want to let this go, she decided to get some evidence, and not let any other girls be the victims of Jonas.
That is how the book begins. Rory manages to collect evidence that would undoubtedly prove what Jonas has been doing to girls he asks on dates. But Jonas is ready to do basically anything to keep his secret and secret, including the fact that he is even willing to push Rory, who can not swim, into a pool.
This is when the hero of this story, Ryan Walsh, enters the picture. Just as Jonas, Ryan is also a member of the colleges swim team, what is more, he is one of the most successful members. Jonas does not count on the fact that it is possible someone else is in the building too, and that someone else would be Ryan. At that time, Ryan is taking a shower, then he hears some voices coming from the direction of the pool. He decided to investigate the voices, and that is when he finds Rory in the pool. He immediately rushes to help her, but something makes it challenging for them to get out of the pool.
Want to know what happens next? I do not want to spoil the whole story for you, so if this story caught your attention and you are interested in it, please read WET by Cambria Hebert to find out what happens with Ryan and Rory.
 
“Bro!” Jamie appeared, rolling through the office door soaking wet with a pair of googles in his hand. He barged right over to me, flinging his drenched arm around my shoulders.
Bro had totally been eavesdropping at the door.
“Why aren’t you in the pool, Owens?”
“I missed my bro.”

In my opinion, it is simply impossible to not to love Cambria Heberts characters. Okay, I really hated Jonas in this one, but with that sentence, I meant her main characters.
I found Rory to be a very likeable and super relatable character from the very beginning. Ryan is one of the most swoonworthy book boyfriends I have ever read about. insert like a million heart eyed emojis here Together, they make an adorable couple, it was so heartwarming to read their scenes.
Jamie stole my heart really quickly, I really hope the next book in the Westbrook Elite series will be his. ! SPOILER ALERT ! I think he would make a really cute couple with Madison, I loved their banter in WET, and that Jamie was already so protective of her. I really hope she will be his love interest, though based on what happens in WET, I do think she will be the one for him. ! END OF THE SPOILER SECTION ! For me, the friendship of Ryan and Jamie is one of the highlights in this book, they are literally the best, I hope we will get a lot more of them together in the next installment of this series.
And now last, but definitely not least, let me say a few words about a character whom I wholeheartedly adored in this book, and that is none other than Wes. We get a little sneak peek into his life too, and oh my, it does seem to be pretty exciting already.
It is significant to mention that in this story, Cambria Hebert deals with some important issues that I think we should pay more attention to in our lives too. I liked that she added these to this story, I think she addressed them very well.
 
“Fate?”
I scoffed. “You believe in fate?”
“Hard not to when you’re sitting right here in front of me.”
 
As some of the things I did not like while I was reading this book, I could mention the fact that for me, the relationship of Ryan and Rory progressed a little too fast. Because of what happened to Rory, I expected it to bloom into love a little bit slower. Although I did not like that this book is kind of insta-love, I loved that we get a ton of cute scenes with them, but I still think it would have been better if it was a tiny bit slower.
What bothered me a tiny bit was that the characters, especially Jamie, refers to the others as bro countless times. I understand it is a nickname for them and to show that he feels close to them, but sometimes it was a little bit too much.
 
“Go home, Ryan.”
“What if home is you?”
 
Taking everything into account, with WET, Cambria Hebert showed us that she really knows how to write a suspenseful college sports romance. The Westbrook Elite series is full of amazing possibilities, and I can not wait to see what Cambria creates next. WET definitely gave me the same feelings I felt while I was reading the Hashtag books, I am so in love with these new characters, I am super imaptiently waiting to meet this crew again.
Final rating: 4,5 stars
 
WET | Sneak Peek
“Aurora Coin, who goes by Rory but hates it when I call her that, so I call her Carrot, which she says she also hates but really secretly loves.”
I rolled my eyes. Why is he so charming?
“Who is also really good with a camera, grew up in Chicago, acts like a rottweiler even though she’s a chihuahua, uses all my shampoo, and insults my Jeep and my clothes.”
“Are you trying to ask me out or make a bullet point presentation?” I wondered.
He mock-gasped, pressing a hand to his chest. “I’m being romantic.”
“Some of these things sound like insults,” I pointed out.
He chuckled, and damn, if it didn’t make my stomach flutter. Shuffling forward, he reached for my hand, entwining our fingers. “But they’re not. They’re just some of the reasons I want you. You and only you. Be my girlfriend. My only.”

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése