2018. július 1., vasárnap

Jessica Ruben: Rising & Reckoning Véleményezés / Review

 
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH
 
KÖNYVPROFIL – RISING
Megjelenés ideje: 2018. április 16.
Kiadó: Jessica Ruben Books
Sorozat: Vincent and Eve
A sorozat kötetei:
Rising
Reckoning
Redemption (Még nem jelent meg.)
Oldalak száma: 206 oldal
Fülszöveg:
As the bus approaches my stop on the Lower East Side, I raise the hood of my black sweatshirt. Anonymity is key in my neighborhood—particularly as a lone female walking at night.
All I want is to leave my crime-ridden shadow of a home in New York City. I’ve done everything I can to keep my head down and focus on my studies. College is my only goal; love has never been on the map…
That is, until my sister brings me to an underground fight, where I meet a gorgeous and mysterious man: Vincent.
He is the ghost in my shadows, showing up to feed me pieces of his upper-crust life, then evaporating into darkness until his next visit. I’m falling hard and fast. How can I trust him amidst the depth of his secrets?
Vincent may be even more dangerous than the dark world I’m trying to escape.

 

KÖNYVPROFIL – RECKONING
Megjelenés ideje: 2018. június 8.
Kiadó: Jessica Ruben Books
Sorozat: Vincent and Eve
A sorozat kötetei:
Rising
Reckoning
Redemption (Még nem jelent meg.)
Oldalak száma: 242 oldal
Fülszöveg:
Vincent: Forgetting about Eve was the plan. Finding her at a party on my college campus was the last thing I expected.
But letting her go again isn’t an option—not this time. Juggling the life I want with the one I was born into may be near impossible, but for her, it's a risk I'm willing to take.
My world has turned into a house of cards, where one wrong move can send it all crashing down…and us with it.
Eve: Finally at a prestigious university—and on the path to living my dreams—I’ve left the darkness of the Blue Houses behind. Still, a whole new host of problems await me.
Vincent is here.
He's king of the school, complete with a society princess by his side. I thought I wanted to know what he was hiding, but unlocking his biggest secret leads me into entirely new territory laced with danger and lust...one I’m not sure I’ll survive.

 

Ahogy a bejegyzés címe is sugallja, ebben a bejegyzésben két könyvről fogom egyszerre leírni a véleményemet. Kezdjünk is bele!

“We’ve got something. But what we have has nothing to do with anyone else on earth. What we have between us, is just for us.”

Romantikus regény kedvelő vagy?
Szereted az olyan könyveket, amelyek megnevettetnek, és ugyanakkor könnyeket is képesek csalni a szemeidbe?
Egy igazán jó olvasmányra vágysz, ami már az első mondatokkal levesz a lábadról?
Ne is keress tovább, Jessica Ruben Vincent and Eve című könyvsorozata több mint tökéletes lesz számodra.
Ez a sorozat egyszerűen MINDEN. Egyszerűen lenyűgöző.
Nem sok ilyen könyvet ismerek, mint a Rising és a Reckoning. Az egyik percben még fülig érő mosollyal az arcodon olvasol, azt hiszed, hogy minden tökéletes, aztán jön egy akkora csavar, amire egyáltalán nem számítottál.
Meglepő. Össze fog törni. Aztán, ahogy szépen halad előre a történet, úgy lassan ismét reménykedsz, újra a helyükre kerülnek a darabkák. De vajon ott is maradnak?

“I love how delicate you are. Soft. You’re a siren on a quiet street. You’re all I hear.”

Ahogy már a sorozat címéből is kiderült, női főhősnőnk Eve, aki New York nem éppen biztonságos részén éli mindennapjait nővérével és édesanyjával. A lány nagyon szorgalmas és céltudatos, minden vágya, hogy bejusson egy főiskolára és továbbtanulhasson. Azonban az addig nyugalmasnak mondható élete egy éjszaka megváltozik, és ha ez még nem lenne elég, egy másik esemény ezt még tovább bonyolítja. Viszont a rosszat egy időre felülírja a jó, megismerkedik Vincent-tel. Kettejük között kétség kívül megvan az a bizonyos szikra, a lapok szinte lángolnak tőle. Kapcsolatuk csak még intenzívebbé teszi a könyveket. A boldogság ugyanakkor cseppet sem felhőtlen, titkokra derül fény, amelyek jócskán beárnyékolják az életüket. Nem szeretnék nagyon részletekbe belemenni és esetleg lespoilerezni egy-egy jelenetet, mert ez a két regény tényleg elképesztően jó, és úgy az igazi, ha mindent az olvasó fedez fel. Azt viszont őszintén kijelenthetem, hogy számomra a Rising és a Reckoning eddig 2018 legjobb olvasmányai, nálam most magasan ez a két regény az első a listán. Már annyira kíváncsi vagy a harmadik regényre, ami a Redemption címet kapta. Az írónő az Instagram oldalán azt a bejelentést tette, hogy szeretné, hogy ha ez a könyv szeptember első hetében már megjelenne. Én már rettentően izgatott vagyok, szerintem még sosem vártam így egy szeptembert sem.

“His dark eyes shine, telling me he sees me. And the truth is, he’s the only one who ever has.”

Vincent és Eve zseniálisan jó karakterek. Ők az egyik legjobb páros, akikről valaha is olvashattam. Összetettek, jól meg vannak alkotva, a történet haladásával egyre csak jobban és jobban ismerhetjük meg őket, könnyű azonosulni velük. A mellékszereplők hozzájuk hasonlóan kiválóak és nagyszerűek (vagyis hát nem mindenki, de majd ezt ti is meg fojátok érteni, ha elolvastátok), remélem, hogy a későbbiekben néhányan közülük is megkapják a saját történetüket, én sok lehetőséget látok bennük.

”Don’t you know, from the minute I met you, it has only been you?”

A cselekmény izgalmas és meglepő. Amit a véleményezésem elején leírtam, az teljes mértékben igaz. Meglepő, az írónő egy olyan pillanatban csavar egy olyat az egész történeten, amikor egyáltalán nem számít rá az olvasó. Egy tuti tipp az olvasáshoz: papír zsebkendő legyen a közeletekben olvasás közben. Főleg akkor lesz rá nagy szükségetek, ha olyan hamar érzékenyültök el, mint én. Nekem többször is kellett, volt, hogy a meghatottságtól, volt, hogy a szomorúságtól jöttek elő a könnyek. Ha veletek is gyakran előfordul az ilyesmi, akkor nem árt, ha van a közeletekben néhány zsebkendő.

“I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.”

Egy kicsit, de tényleg csak nagyon röviden, szeretnék beszélni a könyvek borítójáról is. Hát… én egyszerűen IMÁDOM ezeket. Annyira gyönyörűek, egyszerűek, de mégis gyönyörűségesek. Alig várom, hogy láthassam a Redemption külsejét is!

“Tell me this is real, Vincent.”
“This is never-ending.”

Miután elolvastam a sorozat második részét, csak akkor tudtam meg, hogy ezek Jessica Ruben legelső alkotásai. Le a kalappal! Egyszerűen elképesztően ír, remekül vezeti a történetet, nagyszerű karaktereket alkot. Sosem gondoltam volna, hogy ezek voltak az először publikált regényei. Minden elismerésem az övé. Már csak egy kérdésem maradt: ha most ilyen nagyszerűen ír, mi lesz később? Alig várom, hogy még több és több és több könyvet olvashassak tőle. Biztos vagyok benne, hogy ő és a könyvei is nagyon-nagyon népszerűek lesznek az olvasók között, és rengeteg romantikus regény kedvelő imádni fogja az alkotásait. Alig várom, hogy többet és többet olvashassak Jessica Ruben írónőtől.

Somehow, my life has become increasingly fragmented. But with Eve? I'm whole. She's someone I can't afford to lose.

Mindent egybevéve, Jessica Ruben Vincent and Eve című könyvsorozata az egyik legeslegjobb, amit valaha olvashattam. Teljes mértékben IMÁDOM. Nem is tudom elmondani, hogy mennyire. Az egész zseniális, minden megvan benne, ami nekem szükséges egy jó romantikus olvasmányban: nagyszerű karakterek, remek történet, rejtélyes, kiszámíthatatlan, és egyszerűen nem tudtam letenni, amíg a végére nem értem. Nagyon-nagyon-nagyon várom már, hogy olvashassam a harmadik részt.
Mind a Rising, mind a Reckoning nagyon megérdemli az öt csillagot. Sőt, még többet is. Őszintén és nagyon tudom ajánlani minden romantikus regény kedvelőnek. Bízzatok bennem, szeretni fogjátok.

 

 

BOOK PROFILE – RISING
Publishing date: April 16th, 2018
Publisher: Jessica Ruben Books
Series: Vincent & Eve
Books in the series:
Rising
Reckoning
Redemption (Coming soon.)
Print lenght: 206 pages
Blurb:
As the bus approaches my stop on the Lower East Side, I raise the hood of my black sweatshirt. Anonymity is key in my neighborhood—particularly as a lone female walking at night.
All I want is to leave my crime-ridden shadow of a home in New York City. I’ve done everything I can to keep my head down and focus on my studies. College is my only goal; love has never been on the map…
That is, until my sister brings me to an underground fight, where I meet a gorgeous and mysterious man: Vincent.
He is the ghost in my shadows, showing up to feed me pieces of his upper-crust life, then evaporating into darkness until his next visit. I’m falling hard and fast. How can I trust him amidst the depth of his secrets?
Vincent may be even more dangerous than the dark world I’m trying to escape.

 

BOOK PROFILE – RECKONING
Publishing date: June 8th, 2018
Publisher: Jessica Ruben Books
Series: Vincent & Eve
Books in the series:
Rising
Reckoning
Redemption (Coming soon.)
Print lenght: 242 pages
Blurb:
Vincent: Forgetting about Eve was the plan. Finding her at a party on my college campus was the last thing I expected.
But letting her go again isn’t an option—not this time. Juggling the life I want with the one I was born into may be near impossible, but for her, it's a risk I'm willing to take.
My world has turned into a house of cards, where one wrong move can send it all crashing down…and us with it.
Eve: Finally at a prestigious university—and on the path to living my dreams—I’ve left the darkness of the Blue Houses behind. Still, a whole new host of problems await me.
Vincent is here.
He's king of the school, complete with a society princess by his side. I thought I wanted to know what he was hiding, but unlocking his biggest secret leads me into entirely new territory laced with danger and lust...one I’m not sure I’ll survive.

 

As the title of the post suggests, I'll write down my opinion about two books: one is Rising, and the other is Reckoning by Jessica Ruben. Let's get started!
 
“We’ve got something. But what we have has nothing to do with anyone else on earth. What we have between us, is just for us.”

Do you love romance novels?
Do you like books that made you laugh and a few chapters later made you cry?
Do you like romance books which are dark and mysterious with lots of unexpected twists?
Do not look any further, Jessica Ruben's book series – Vincent and Eve – will be more than perfect for you.
This series is EVERYTHING. Simply impressive.
I do not know many brilliant books such as Rising and Reckoning. One minute, you read with a huge simle on your face and you think that everything is perfect, and then there is an unexpected twist, wich surprises you.
Surprising. It will break you. It will break your heart into million pieces. Then, as the story progresses, you are hoping that everything will be alright, and the broken pieces finally find their places. But will they stay there?

“I love how delicate you are. Soft. You’re a siren on a quiet street. You’re all I hear.”

As it was already stated in the name of the series, the female protagonist is Eve, who lives in not the safest part of New York with her sister and mother. She is very hard-working and determined, her biggest dream right now is to go to college and continue her studies. However, her peaceful life changes one evening, and if that is not enough, another event further complicates it. But the bad things are overwhelmed by the good ones, she gets acquainted with Vincent. Their realtionship is intense. Very intense. I loved this couple so-so much, they are perfect together and they are my biggest favourites right now. Unfortunately, their lives are overshadowed by several secrets. I do not want to go into details and spoil important scenes, because these two novels are really amazing and you should enjoy and discover everything by yourselves. However, I can honestly say that Rising and Reckoning are the best reads of 2018 for me so far, that two novel are on the top of my favourties list. I’m so so so curious about the third novel, which is Redemption. The author announced on her Instagram page that Redemption is releasing hopefully in the firts week of September. I’m very excited, I think I’ve never waited for a September like that.

“His dark eyes shine, telling me he sees me. And the truth is, he’s the only one who ever has.”

Vincent and Eve are brilliant characters. They’re one of the best couples I’ve ever read about. They’re well-formed and by the progress of the story we can get to know them better and better. The side characters are also awesome (well, not everyone, but you’ll understand once you’ve finished the books), and I hope that later some of them will have their own story, I really do think that there are lots of opportuinities in them.

”Don’t you know, from the minute I met you, it has only been you?”

The plot is exciting, interesting and surprising. What I said at the begining of my review is entirely true. The author twist the story when the reader does not expect it. A pro advice before reading it: make sure you have some tissue paper near you. Especially, if you cry as much during reading as me. I needed to use these a lot of times. So if books often make you cry, it is the best if there are some tissue around you.

“I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.”

Let’s talk a little bit about the covers. Well... I ADORE them. These are so gorgeous, simple, but gorgeous. I can’t wait to see the cover of Redemption!

“Tell me this is real, Vincent.”
“This is never-ending.”

When I’ve finsihed the second novel in the series, I realised that these two are the very first books of Jessica Ruben. Hats off! She writes in an amazing way, the story is more than great and she creates excellent characters. I never thought that these were her first published novels. All my appreciation is hers. I have just one question left: if she writes so good now, what will happen later? I’m sure that she and her books will be very popular and a lot of romance reader will love her writings. I’m really looking forward to reading more and more novels by Jessica Ruben.

Somehow, my life has become increasingly fragmented. But with Eve? I'm whole. She's someone I can't afford to lose.

Taking everything into account, Vincent and Eve by Jessica Ruben is one of the best series I've ever read. I absolutely ADORE it. I can't even tell how much I adore it. It is genious, and has everything I need in a good romance series: great characters, amazing storyline, it is mysterious, unpredictable, and I could not put it down until I finished it. I really-really-really can't wait to read Redemption.
Both Rising and Reckoning deserve 5 stars. To be honest, these novels deserve way more. I highly and honestly recommend it to every romance reader. Trust me, you'll love these.

2 megjegyzés:

  1. Köszönöm, köszönöm, köszönöm, hogy meggyőztél! ^^ <3

    Üdv: Ev (Chronicles of a Bookshelf)

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Remélem, hogy tetszeni fog; kíváncsi vagyok a véleményedre. :)

      Törlés