2018. november 11., vasárnap

Karina Halle: A Nordic King Véleményezés / A Nordic King by Karina Halle Review

 
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH

KÖNYVPROFIL
Megjelenés ideje: 2018. szeptember 21.
Kiadó: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Oldalak száma: 348
Fülszöveg:
A STANDALONE ROYAL ROMANCE
When I first applied for the job I thought it would be like all the others: working as a nanny for an aristocratic family.
Then I got the job and found out how wrong I was.
Now I’m the new nanny for two adorable little girls who happen to be princesses.
Their father is the widowed King of Denmark.
And my new home? The royal palace in Copenhagen.
Adjusting to my new life isn't easy but the hardest part hasn’t been the girls who still grieve over the loss of their mother.
It’s their father.
Cold, mysterious and moody, with an icy stare that seems to penetrate your soul, King Aksel may have hired me to take care of his daughters but he wants as little to do with me as possible.
Yet the longer I share these palace walls with this man, the more that I’m drawn to him. His chiseled face and sexual swagger are only part of the package. It’s in the long, intense glances at the dinner table, the way we’ll brush up against each other in the halls, the rare glimpses of the man deep inside, like the sun passing through clouds.
But no matter how I feel about him, we can never be together.
You think it's bad enough being in love with your boss?
Try falling in love with a king.

 

I have a home in your heart and a love that won’t stop bleeding. I need you in my life, you are my life, you are my sun that I’ve waited too many winters for.

Az A Nordic King jelenleg a legeslegkedvencebb regényem, amit eddig olvastam Karina Halle írónőtől. Annyira fantasztikus az egész, szerintem ez a legeslegjobb királyi családról szóló történet, amit valaha is olvashattam. Imádom a karaktereket, Aksel, Aurora, a kis hercegnők és Snarf Snarf is hamar belopta magát a szívembe. Ez az egész könyv annyira kiemelkedően jó, vicces, aranyos és imádnivaló, szívet melengető, érzelmes és oh... Egyszerűen csak szeretni tudom. A megjelenése után rengeteg csodálatos értékelést olvastam erről a történetről, és ezek miatt nagyon kíváncsi lettem rá, tudni akartam, hogy miért is szeretik annyian ezt a regényt. Nos, így, hogy már én is befejeztem, nyugodtan ki merem jelenteni, hogy teljesen megértem őket. Az A Nordic King annyira különleges. ♥ Miért is gondolom így? Nézzük csak...

She’s sunshine and fresh air and the northern lights. She’s a goddess, through and through with playful eyes and a smile that will knock you flat on your back.

A könyv női főszereplője a huszonhat éves Aurora, aki dadaként dolgozik. Eredetileg Ausztráliából származik, viszont már hét teljes évben Európában él, és kisgyerekekkel foglalkozik. A munkájában kifejezetten tehetséges, imádja a kicsiket, és ők is viszont őt. Habár, akadtak már nehezebb pillanatok is ilyen téren, igen, több is, de ő kitart emellett a munka mellett. A történet elején éppen állást keres, és egy kis segítséggel így talál rá egy olyanra, amihez Dániába kell utaznia. Még ekkor nem is sejti, de ez egyáltalán nem olyan lesz, mint az eddigiek. Először is: nem akármilyen gyerekeknek lesz a dadája, hanem két imádnivaló kis hercegnőnek, Clara-nak és Freja-nak. Ebből pedig már kitalálható, hogy az édesapjuk nem más, mint Dánia királya, Aksel.

There is no one way to fall in love. It may scar you, make its mark, but that fall, that impact, is different for everyone.

A történet férfi főszereplője Dánia uralkodója, a negyven éves Aksel. Ő már két szerethető kislány édesapja, és jelenleg egy dadát keres a számukra, aki ott tud lakni velük és vigyáz a hercegnőkre, segít nekik és gondjukat viseli, amíg ő dolgozik. Erre azért van szüksége, mert már egy ideje egy borzalmas tragédia beárnyékolja életüket: Aksel a feleségét, a lányok az édesanyjukat, az ország pedig a királynőjét vesztette el egy autóbalesetben. Ez mindenkit nagyon megviselt, de leginkább Aksel életére van nagy hatással, hiszen csak ő tudja, hogy valójában mi is történt azon az éjszakán.
Szóval most mindennél jobban szüksége van valakire, aki tud segíteni neki. Azonban ezt az állást nem egyszerű megszerezni, nem vesz fel csak úgy akárkit, amit egy szülő szemszögéből nézve teljesen meg is lehet érteni, hiszen mégis csak a saját gyermekeiről van szó. Aurora helyzetét is alaposan megnehezíti, hiszen szinte néhány mondta után el is küldi, viszont nem sokkal később sikerül rábeszélni őt is arra, hogy legalább adjon neki egy esélyt, és szerencsére a nő meg is kapja ezt. Az állással együtt. És itt kezdődnek aztán az érdekes helyzetek. A napok elteltéve akarva akaratlanul ők is közelebb kerülnek egymáshoz, a vonzalom pedig szinte letagadhatatlan. De vajon működhet úgy egy kapcsolat, ha Aksel nem csak Aurora főnöke, hanem egyben egy király is? Ha elolvassátok Karina Halle A Nordic King című zseniális alkotását, akkor többek között erre a kérdésre is megkapjátok a választ. Bízzatok bennem, nagyon megéri elolvasni ezt a könyvet.

She’s not just a nanny.
She’s Aurora.
She’s my reckoning and saviour all at once.
She’s her namesake, those northern lights that brighten the darkest winter skies.
She’s my homecoming.
And I’m in love with her.

Ez a regény elképesztően szépséges. Kívül-belül. A borítója, és úgy általában a teljes külseje nekem nagyon tetszik, imádom ezt a gyönyörű kék árnyalatot, a rózsaszínnel annyira jól mutatnak együtt. A borítón látható modell szerintem kifejeztten tökéletes Aksel számára, jobbat el sem tudnék képzelni. Egy ilyen külső már szuper indítás, az pedig, ami benne van, az valami teljesen lenyűgöző. Hihetetlenül lenyűgöző. Számomra ez sokkal több volt, mint egy romantikus történet. Önállóság, veszteség, gyász, a gyász feldolgozása mind a felnőttek esetében, mind gyermekkorban, és emellé jön még a szerelem is, ami szavakkal nem lehet kifejezni, hogy milyen szép Aurora és Aksel esetében.
A történet szépséget pedig fokozza Karina írásmódja. Rengeteg csodálatosabbnál csodálatosabb gondolatot olvashatunk ebben a könyvben, és ezek is egy zseniális módon vannak megfogalmazva. Néhányat itt, az értékelésem során is olvashattok, ez csak néhány a megannyi kedvencem közül. Az írónő rednkívül tehetséges, nem véletlenül van ilyen nagy sikere ennek a könyvnek.
Nekem különösen tetszett, hogy ezt a kötetet olvasva egy picivel többet is megtudhatunk Dániáról. Eddig nem sok információval rendelkeztem erről az országról, viszont az A Nordic King elolvasása után minden vágyam, hogy elutazhassak ide. ♥ Karina Halle zseniális tájleírásokat alkotott. Általában ezek a részek nem éppen a kedvenceim, van, mikor már én személy szerint egy picit túlzásnak érzem. Persze vannak kivételek, és ez a regény kétség kívül ebbe a kategóriába tartozik, imádtam minden egyes új helynek a bemutatását. Az pedig abszolút feltette az i-re a pontot, hogy dán nyelvű mondatok is színesítették a cselekményt, természetesen az angol fordításukat is megadta az írónő. Azt fontos tudni rólam, hogy én imádok nyelveket tanulni, szóval az, hogy dánul is lehetett néhány sort olvasni ebben a könyvben, az nekem elképesztően tetszett. Szóval most már ezt a nyelvet is szeretném tanulni. :D ♥

“I’ve waited forty years for my heart to have a home,” he says softly. “I’ve waited for you.”

A kötet nagyszerűségét pedig a karakterek egy újabb szintre emelik. Aurora szerintem az egyik legeslegjobb női könyves karakter, akiről olvasni lehet. Céltudatos, szorgalmas, elszánt, kedves, nagylelkű, segítőkész és még ezeken kívül megannyi jó tulajdonságot is fel tudnék sorolni, ami igaz lenne rá. Kifejezetten teszett, hogy bár Aksel néha megnehezítette a dolgát, ő nem adta fel, és nem is félt viszzaszólni neki, megvédeni magát. De aztán amikor kettejük között ez az ellenségeskedés kezdett elmúlni, és valami sokkkal szebbé átalakulni... Az valami csoda. ♥
Aksel a kezdetekben elég bunkónak is mondható, sokszor belekötött abba, amit Aurora tett, és nem éppen segített neki. Viszont őt is meg lehet érteni. Egy ország élén áll, amit irányítania kell, ez pedig rettentően sok felelősséggel és munkával jár. Gyakran kora reggeltől késő estig dolgozik, nincs ideje magára, egy kis pihenésre. Hatalmas tragédia érte a családját, ami az ő lelkét még jobban nyomja. Vannak neki is rosszabb pillanatai, de ugyan kinek nincsenek? Ezektől eltekintve rendkívül jó ember, a legjobbat akarja a lányainak, ők a legfontosabbak a számára, mindig is a családja állt, áll, és fog is az első helyen. Ő a legjobb. ♥♥ Gondoskodó, intelligens, nagyszerű férfi. Nem csoda, hogy Aurora nem tud ellenállni neki, viszont ez az érzés, szerencsére, kölcsönös. Amikor ők ketten végre már egy párt alkotnak... Hűha, ott szinte már lángolnak a lapok. Forróbbnál forróbb jelenetek jönnek. Ők ketten zseniálisan együtt, tökéletesek egymás számára. Nagyon jó páros. ♥
Clara és Freja, a kishercegnők, egyszerűen imádnivalóak, és ők csak még jobban szerethetővé teszik az egész történetet. Rendkívül okos lányok, szerethetőek, nagyon tetszett, hogy jó testvérek, mindig ott vannak egymás számára. Cukiság kimaxolva. ♥
És mi is fokozhatná még a cukiságot, ha nem egy kiskedvenc? Aki történetesen egy kismalac. Bizony. ♥ Viszon Snarf Snarf (imádom a nevét :D ♥) egészen különös és váratlan módon került hozzájuk, ezt viszont most nem árulom el, olvassátok el, nagyon megéri. Ennél a jelenetnél nevettem talán a legjobban. Elképeszően vicces.

I am a king. And I belong to you in ways I never thought possible. More than I belong to my people, more than I belong to the people, I belong to you.

Mindent figyelembe véve, ez a könyv megérdemli az összes figyelmet, amit csak kap, és még ennél sokkal, de sokkal többet is érdemelne. Romantikus könyvek rajongói: adjatok egy esélyt ennek a történetnek. Ha már olvastatok az írónőtől, és tetszett is az adott regény, akkor ezt is imádni fogjátok. Ha  pedig még esetleg nem olvastatok volna Karina Halle írónőtől, akkor itt a tökéletes idő arra, hogy elkezdjetek tőle is olvasni. Az A Nordic King a legjobb arra, hogy megismerkedjetek az ő munkásságával. Biztos vagyok benne, hogy Aksel, Aurora, a kis hercegnők és Snarf Snarf teljesen le fog venni mindenkit a lábáról. ♥
Hatszázezer csillagos kedvenc. Hatszázezer koronás királyi csillagos kedvenc.

 

AZ A NORDIC KING A MOLYON

AZ A NORDIC KING A GOODREADS-EN

AZ A NORDIC KING INNEN BESZEREZHETŐ

AZ ÍRÓNŐ ELÉRHETŐSÉGEI

 

BOOK PROFILE
Publishing date: September 21st, 2018
Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Print lenght: 348 pages
Blurb:
A STANDALONE ROYAL ROMANCE
When I first applied for the job I thought it would be like all the others: working as a nanny for an aristocratic family.
Then I got the job and found out how wrong I was.
Now I’m the new nanny for two adorable little girls who happen to be princesses.
Their father is the widowed King of Denmark.
And my new home? The royal palace in Copenhagen.
Adjusting to my new life isn't easy but the hardest part hasn’t been the girls who still grieve over the loss of their mother.
It’s their father.
Cold, mysterious and moody, with an icy stare that seems to penetrate your soul, King Aksel may have hired me to take care of his daughters but he wants as little to do with me as possible.
Yet the longer I share these palace walls with this man, the more that I’m drawn to him. His chiseled face and sexual swagger are only part of the package. It’s in the long, intense glances at the dinner table, the way we’ll brush up against each other in the halls, the rare glimpses of the man deep inside, like the sun passing through clouds.
But no matter how I feel about him, we can never be together.
You think it's bad enough being in love with your boss?
Try falling in love with a king.

 

I have a home in your heart and a love that won’t stop bleeding. I need you in my life, you are my life, you are my sun that I’ve waited too many winters for.

A Nordic King by Karina Halle is my biggest favourite so far by her! OMG, it's so fantastic, I really do think that it is the best royal romance I've ever read. I love Aksel, Aurora, the little princesses and Snarf Snarf. This whole book is super amazing, funny, sweet and adorable, heart-warming, emotional and ah... I just love it. After it was released, I have read so many wonderful reviews about this novel, and I was curious, I wanted to find out why are they loving this story so much. Well, after finishing it, I can say that I totally understand them. A Nordic King is so special. ♥ Why do I think that? Let's see...

She’s sunshine and fresh air and the northern lights. She’s a goddess, through and through with playful eyes and a smile that will knock you flat on your back.

The female main character is the twenty six years old Aurora, who works as a nanny. She is from Australia, but now she has been living in Europe for seven years, and since then, she works with little kids. She is really talented in her job, she adores the little ones, and they also love her. Of course, there were some different situation in her past, but she loves that profession, so she won't give it up. At the begining of this story, she is looking for a job, and with a little help, she finds one, but it is in Denmark. She does not know that it will be different from the others - she has to look after two little girls, who happen to be princesses (they are Clara and Freja), and now, you can guess that their father is the king of Denmark, whose name is Aksel.

There is no one way to fall in love. It may scar you, make its mark, but that fall, that impact, is different for everyone.

The male main character of this story is the king of Denmark, the fourty years old Aksel. He is the father of two adorable girl, and currently, he is looking for a nanny, who can help him with his kids while he is working. He needs someone, because not so long ago, a horrible accident overshadowed their lives: his wife lost her life in a car accident. So Aksel lost his wife, the girls lost their mother, and the country lost its queen. This has a huge effect on everybody's life, but mostly, in Aksel's life, because he is the only one who really know what happend that night, when her wife died.
So now, he needs someone who can help him with his daughters. However, not anyone can get that job, and from a parent's perspective, we can totally understand that, because this job has a great effect on the girls' lives. Getting this is not easy for Aurora at all, because after talking with her some sentences, and fortunately, not so later, they can convince him and he gives her a chance. And with this chance, she gets the job, too, and she becomes the nanny. And after that, the interesting part starts. Day after day, they get closer to each other, and the attraction between them is undeniable. But the real question is that can they be together if Aksel is Aurora's boss, and more importantly, he is a king? If you read Karina Halle's genious new novel, A Nordic King, you can find out. Believe me, it is really worth reading.

She’s not just a nanny.
She’s Aurora.
She’s my reckoning and saviour all at once.
She’s her namesake, those northern lights that brighten the darkest winter skies.
She’s my homecoming.
And I’m in love with her.

This book is simply gorgeous. Inside and outside. As for the cover, and I mean the full cover, I really-really like it, I adore this beautiful shade of blue, this and the pink looks awesome together. The model is absolutely perfect for Aksel, I can not imagine anyone better. This pretty cover is already a good start, and what is inside the book is even more fantastic. Amazing. Incredibly amazing. In my opinion, it is more than a romance story. It is about independence, loss, grief, dealing with grief as an adult and as a child, and at the same time, it is a beautiful love story. I can not even tell how mindblowingly beautiful is Aurora and Aksel's love.
Karina's writing style makes the whole book even more phenomenal. There are so many wonderful thoughts in this novel, and these are written in a genious way. I have chosen some of my biggest favourites to show you in my review, but honestly, there are a lot more. Personally, I really liked that while reading A Nordic King, we can learn a few things about Denmark. Until that, I did not really have a lot of information about this country, and after finishing this novel, my big dream is to travel to there. ♥ Karina Halle did an amazing job with describing different places. Usually, descriptive parts in books are not my favourites, sometimes I feel that these can be a little too much. Especially, if an author want to tell us the place of every object in a scene. However, there are some exceptions, and A Nordic King is definitely this type of books, I absolutely adored all the description in this story. And there was something I loved more than these: there were danish sentences, of course with English translations. I love learning foreign languages, so the fact that I could read some lines in Danish, well that was a plus point for me, I really do think that it was wonderful. And now, I want to learn speaking in that language. :D ♥

“I’ve waited forty years for my heart to have a home,” he says softly. “I’ve waited for you.”

Karina Halle created so many extraordinary characters, and they make the whole story even more excellent. I really do believe that Aurora is one of the best female characters I have ever read about. I loved that she is so determined, hard-working, kind, generous, helpful and besides these, I could list a lot more good things which can be used to describe her. I absolutely liked that altough Aksel sometimes is a jerk and make her job just a little bit more difficult, she is so stong and not afraid to say what she really thinks. But after they get to know each other each ather, a beautiful journey begins. ♥
At the begining, Aksel have some bad moments, but we could understand him, too. He is the leader of a country, and this comes with lots of responsibilities. He has to work a lot, often he starts early in the morning and he stops what he is doing late in the evening, he does not really have much time for himself and for relaxing. There is a huge loss in his family, and it makes his life more difficult. So yeah, he does have some bad moments, but who doesn't? Apart from these, he really is an amazing person, he wants to give everything that is possible for his daughters, his family always comes first for him. He is the best. ♥♥ No wonder Aurora is falling for him, and fortunately, this feeling is mutual. And when they become a couple... Wow, there are lots of spark between them. There are lots of hot scenes. Even their flirting is hot. Very hot. They are such an awesome couple, they are perfect for each other. I love them so much. ♥
Clara and Freja, the little princesses, makes the whole story cuter and sweeter. They are so intelligent, smart, I absolutely adored them. They are so wonderful sisters, they are always there for each other. Cuteness level:1000. ♥
What can make a book more loveable? Yes, a little pet. In the case of A Nordic King, there is a little bit unusual one, at least I have never read about a pet like that. Because in that book, there is a little piggy, and it is Snarf Snarf (I lover that name :D ♥). They get Snarf Snarf in such an interesting and funny way, but now, I won't tell you how, read it and find it out, believe me, it is worth it. During this scene, I laughed so much. So funny and unexpected.

I am a king. And I belong to you in ways I never thought possible. More than I belong to my people, more than I belong to the people, I belong to you.

Taking everything into account, this book really deserves all the attention it gets, and even a lot more. And some more. Romance readers, give a chance to this book. If you have already read by Karina and liked her book(s), you’ll absolutely adore this one, too. If you haven’t, then it is a perfect time to start reading her novels, moreover, A Nordic King is the best way to get to know this author. I am pretty sure that Aksel, Aurora, the little princesses and Snarf Snarf will totally sweep you off your feet. ♥
Six hundred thousand stars favourite. Six hundred thousand royal stars. With crowns.

 

A NORDIC KING ON GOODREADS

PURCHASE A NORDIC KING

AUTHOR LINKS

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése