2018. november 1., csütörtök

Teagan Hunter: I Wanna Text You Up Véleményezés / I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter Review

 
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH

KÖNYVPROFIL
Megjelenés ideje: 2018. január 28.
Kiadó: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Sorozat: Text
A sorozat kötetei:
Let’s Get Textual
I Wanna Text You Up
Can’t Text This
Oldalak száma: 300
Fülszöveg:
ROOMMATE WANTED
Chicks or dudes welcome!
Looking for a new roomie? I have a place for you! Like your music loud? I own headphones. Enjoy having late-night guests over? Again, headphones. Want someone to help pay the bills? Do the dishes? Take out the trash? You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours (metaphorically, of course).
Check us out, getting along already.
Must be able to pay first and last month's rent up front.
Must be okay with Breakfast & Beats.
No dogs.
No trying to sleep with me.
Two bedrooms. One bathroom.
$350/month plus electricity.
If interested, email ineedarobin@gmail.com.
P.S. Wiener pics sent directly to my grandmother. Don't do that crap to her.

This book does feature characters from Let's Get Textual but can be read as a standalone as the book does not follow the same timeline.

 

Me: Oh wow. Is THAT how you think of me? That I’ll just hold on to one tiny conversation for ages and ages and then BAM! Bring it up when you least expect it and throw it in your face?
Caleb: Yes.
Me: Smart man.
Caleb: SEE!
Me: HEY! I was kidding. Mostly.
Caleb: MOSTLY she says.

Miután befejeztem a sorozat első kötetét, a Let's Get Textual-t (amiről már egy értékelést is írtam, IDE kattintva ezt is elolvashatjátok), már elképesztően izgatottan vártam, hogy Zoe és Caleb történetét, az I Wanna Text You Up-ot, is olvashassam. Miután ezt is befejeztem, csak még többet akartam. És többet. És még egy kicsivel többet. Teagan Hunter összes alkotása tökéletes definíciója a 'letehetetlen könyveknek'. Őszintén, ha már elkezdtél egyet olvasni, akkor csak nagyon nehezen tudod majd abbahagyni. Nekem hihettek, én már a sorozat harmadik részét olvasom, és nem tudom mi lesz, ha ennek is a végére érek. Remélem, hogy lesz még több regény, annyira imádom ezeket. ♥ Zoe és Caleb története ugyanolyan csodásra sikeredett mint Delia és Zach könyve. Hogy miért gondolom így? Mindjárt megmagyarázom...

Caleb: College is the best thing to ever happen to me.
Me: Besides me, right?
Caleb: Sure, we'll go with that.
Me: CALEB! Tell me I am the best roommate you've ever had! You know it's true! Hell, I'm taking care of your damn cat for you.
Caleb: Because that is SUCH a hardship. *rolls eyes*
Me: That's not the point here.
Caleb: That is exactly the point here.
Me: Stop pretending to be upset. You know I adore you. Most days...
Caleb: Most days? MOST DAYS???
Caleb: I'm not changing my answer just because you caps lock me.
Me: INCORRIGIBLE!

Kezdésképpen, csak olvassátok el az I Wanna Text You Up fülszövegét. Már ez is annyira nagyszerű és vicces, sokat nevettem már csak ennek az elolvasása alatt is. Gondoljatok csak bele, hogy milyen vicces lehet maga a történet. Igen, készüljetek fel rá, hogy ez a regény is tele van humorosabbnál humorosabb jelenetekkel, amik garantáltan mosolyt fognak csalni minden olvasó arcára. Mármint könnyekkel való nevetést. Tuti tipp, mielőtt belekezdenétek bármelyik regény (vagy egyáltalán az egész sorozat) olvasásába: ne olvassátok nyilvános helyen. Például amikor buszon, vonaton, repülőn vagy akárhol vagytok. Ahogy már említettem: rengeteg nevetés. Könnyes nevetés.
Most pedig, nézzük is magát a történetet. Az egyik főszereplő Zoe Williams, akinek, miután a legjobb barátnője és egyben lakótársa, úgy dönt, hogy kiköltözik közös albérletükből, szüksége van egy új lakóra. Delia segítségével Zoe készít egy szórólapot, aminek a szövegét már a könyv fülszövegében is olvashatjátok. Elég egyedi, ugye? Miután kirakták ezeket a szórólapokat, nem is olyan sokkal később kap is egy üzenetet, amit egy lehetséges új lakó küldött. Elkezdenek beszélgetni, egy picit jobban megismerni egymást (egy nagyon vicces módon), és kis idő elteltével eldöntik, hogy személyesen is találkoznak mielőtt összeköltöznének. Miközben üzengetnek egymásnak, nem az igazi neveiket használják, szóval a találkozásuk előtt egyáltalán nincsenek tisztában azzal, hogy egyáltalán kivel beszélnek. És amikor végre meglátják egymást? Meglepetés! Ők már nagyon is jól ismerik egymást. Zoe Delia legjobb barátnője, ők ketten együtt laktak, és ebben az időben Delia-nak volt egy barátja, akit Caleb-nek hívtak. És ki vajon a jelentkező Zoe szobatársának? Igen, Caleb...

Caleb: I thought you were leaving?
Me: I would if you’d shut up already!
Caleb: So sassy today.
Me: SHHH!
Caleb: Fine, fine. I’m being quiet now.
Me: Doesn’t seem like it to me.
Caleb: Stop answering me then!
Me: Never. I love having the last word.
Caleb: You don’t say.

A kötet másik főszereplője Caleb Mills, akivel már a Let's Get Textual során is találkozhattunk. Ennek a történetnek a legelején vegyes érzéseim voltak Caleb-bel kapcsolatban, nem igazán mondhatnám, hogy ekkor a kedvenceim közé tartozott. Nem akarok semmit sem lespoilerezni, szóval majd itt megtudjátok, hogy miről is beszélek, ha elolvassátok a sorozat első kötetét. Aztán, ennek a könyvnek a vége felé, volt néhány olyan cselekedete, ami miatt rendesen megkérdőjeleztem magam vele kapcsolatban. Miután befejeztem a Let's Get Textual-t, már nagyon-nagyon kíváncsi voltam arra, hogy hogyan is alakul az ő és Zoe története.
Az I Wanna Text You Up legelején Caleb-nek szüksége van egy albérletre amilyen gyorsan csak lehet. Szerencsére talál is egy árban számára megfelelőt, így azonnal ír is a hirdetőnek. Elkezdenek hosszasabban is beszélgetni, amiből azt szűrhetjük le, hogy ők ketten már most igazán jól kijönnek egymással. Mostmár csak annyi hiányzik, hogy személyesen is találkozzanak, mielőtt bármi is megtörténne. És ekkor jön el az a pillanat, amikor rájönnek, hogy egészen idáig kivel beszélgettek, és végül Zoe beleegyezik abba, hogy Caleb a lakótársa legyen. Vajon ez egy jó döntés volt? Megtudhatjátok, ha elolvassátok Teagan Hunter I Wanna Text You Up című regényét.

Me: Okay, for real though – why ARE you such a comic nerd? Is it the skintight, borderline sexy outfits?
Caleb: Totally. Have you seen the muscles on Superman? *fans self*

Személy szerint, én igazán úgy gondolom, hogy Teagan Hunter egy elképesztően tehetséges írónő. Az a stílus, ahogy az egész történet meg van írva, nagyon letehetetlenné teszi az egész könyvet. A karakterek még mindig fantasztikusak és elképesztően humorosak, az egész regény tele van humorosabbnál humorosabb jelenetekkel, és persze van egy váratlan fordulat is, amire egyáltalán nem számítasz, ami nagyon, de nagyon meg fog lepni. Az üzenetek még mindig a legeslegjobbak, úristen, ezeken nevettem a legtöbbet.
Kifejezetten imádtam ennek a regénynek a karaktereit is. Zoe egy energiabomba, élettel teli lány, egy nagyszerű barát, akinek fergeteges a humorérzéke, de ugyanakkor, ő rendkívül megfontolt is. Szerintem ő már az első könyvben is egy nagyon kedvelhető szereplő volt, de most, hogy az ő történetét is elolvastam, csak még szerethetőbb lett. Caleb... Oh, Caleb! ♥ Ő egyszerűen annyira bámulatos, egy elképesztő könyves álompasi. Annyira tökéletes, gondoskodó, odaadó, imádnivaló... Igen, imádom ezt a pasit. Szerencsére, mellettük Zach és Delia is jócskán kapott szerepet, annyira jó volt arról olvasni, hogy ők még mindig milyen jók együtt.
 
Caleb: DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENT
Me: Wow, a picture of our living room. How neat.
Caleb: Look closer.
Me: Omg. Dying. Why is he hiding under the couch?
Caleb: Because I sat on the remote and accidentally turned the volume up REALLY high during a loud scene and he just took off scared as shit. Now he won’t come out.
Me: Aww… I feel so bad for him.
Caleb: DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENT
Caleb: Did I mention he was sitting on my stomach when it happened?
Me: That’s a tiny scratch. You just wanted to send me a picture of your abs.
Caleb: Guilty.

Mindent figyelembe véve, az I Wanna Text You Up ugyanolyan fenomenális lett, mint a Let's Get Textual. Ez a könyv is már a legeslegelején teljesen beszippantott és egészen a végéig fogva is tartott. Felfrissítő, egyedi, ritkán találkozni ilyen típusú regénnyel. Ha egy igazán jó humoros-romantikus olvasmányra vágytok, akkor őszintén tudom ajánlani az I Wanna Text You Up-ot, de előtte mindenképpen olvassátok el a sorozat első kötetét is, bízzatok bennem, nem fogjátok megbánni.
Tőlem ez a kötet is hat csillagot kap, de még ennél is többet érdemelne.

 

AZ I WANNA TEXT YOU UP A GOODREADS-EN

AZ I WANNA TEXT YOU UP INNEN BESZEREZHETŐ

AZ ÍRÓNŐ ELÉRHETŐSÉGEI

 

BOOK PROFILE
Publishing date: January 28th, 2018
Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Series: Text
Books in the series:
Let’s Get Textual
I Wanna Text You Up
Can’t Text This
Print lenght: 300 pages
Blurb:
ROOMMATE WANTED
Chicks or dudes welcome!
Looking for a new roomie? I have a place for you! Like your music loud? I own headphones. Enjoy having late-night guests over? Again, headphones. Want someone to help pay the bills? Do the dishes? Take out the trash? You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours (metaphorically, of course).
Check us out, getting along already.
Must be able to pay first and last month's rent up front.
Must be okay with Breakfast & Beats.
No dogs.
No trying to sleep with me.
Two bedrooms. One bathroom.
$350/month plus electricity.
If interested, email ineedarobin@gmail.com.
P.S. Wiener pics sent directly to my grandmother. Don't do that crap to her.

This book does feature characters from Let's Get Textual but can be read as a standalone as the book does not follow the same timeline.

 

Me: Oh wow. Is THAT how you think of me? That I’ll just hold on to one tiny conversation for ages and ages and then BAM! Bring it up when you least expect it and throw it in your face?
Caleb: Yes.
Me: Smart man.
Caleb: SEE!
Me: HEY! I was kidding. Mostly.
Caleb: MOSTLY she says.

After finishing the first book in this series, Let's Get Textual (by the way, I have already uploaded a review about that book, CLICK HERE to read it), I was dying to read Zoe and Caleb's story, I Wanna Text You Up. And after finishing it, I was craving for more. And more. And some more. All of Teagan Hunter's novel are the perfect definitons of  'unputdownable books'. Honestly, you can not stop reading these once you have started. Believe me, I am already reading the third book in this series, and I don't know what I'll do when it ends. I hope there will be some more in this series, I adore these novels so much. ♥ Zoe and Caleb's story is as amazing as Zach and Delia's. Why? Let's see...

Caleb: College is the best thing to ever happen to me.
Me: Besides me, right?
Caleb: Sure, we'll go with that.
Me: CALEB! Tell me I am the best roommate you've ever had! You know it's true! Hell, I'm taking care of your damn cat for you.
Caleb: Because this is SUCH a hardship.*rolls eyes*
Me: That's not the point here.
Caleb: That is exactly the point here.
Me: Stop pretending to be upset. You know I adore you. Most days...
Me: Most days? MOST DAYS???
Caleb: I'm not changing my answer just because you caps lock me.
Me: INCORRIGIBLE!

To start with, just read the blurb of I Wanna Text You Up. Even that is so awesome and funny, I laughed so much just reading it. Imagine then how hilarious is the whole story. Yes, prepare to a lot of super funny scenes and laughing. I mean laughing with tears. Pro tip before starting this novel (or basically, the whole series): do not read it in public. While you're on bus/train/plane whatever. As I have already mentioned: lots of laughing. With tears.
So now, let's jump into the story. One of the main characters is Zoe Williams, who needs a roommate after her best friend decides to move out. With the help of Delia, Zoe edits a flyer to put all around the campus. You can already read it, it is in the blurb. Pretty unique, right? After posting these flyers, not so later she receives a message from a potential roommate. They start to talk a lot, get to know each other (in a really funny way), and they decide to meet to see each other face-to-face before they move in together. While they are sending e-mails, they do not use their real names, so they don't know who they are talking to. When they meet in person? Surprise! They already very well know each other. Zoe is Delia's best friend, they lived together, and she had a boyfriend, named Caleb. And guess what, who wants to be the roommate of Zoe? Yes, Caleb...

Caleb: I thought you were leaving?
Me: I would if you’d shut up already!
Caleb: So sassy today.
Me: SHHH!
Caleb: Fine, fine. I’m being quiet now.
Me: Doesn’t seem like it to me.
Caleb: Stop answering me then!
Me: Never. I love having the last word.
Caleb: You don’t say.

The other main character is Caleb Mills, and we can already meet him in Let's Get Textual. At the very begining of that book, I had some mixed feeling about him, I do not want to spoil the story to anyone, so you'll understand what I am talking about if you read this book, too. So yes, he was not really my favourite one, but at the and of that novel, he did some thins which made me question myself about him. After finishing Let's Get Textual, I was super curious, I wanted to know what happens with him and Zoe.
At the begining of I Wanna Text You Up, Caleb needs an apartment as soon as possible. Fortunately, he finds one with a really good price. He instantly sends out a message, and they are talking to each other a few more times, and we can say that they get along well. Now, they just need to meet before anything happens. And that is when they find out who they were talking to the whole time and finally Zoe lets Caleb to move in with her. Was that a good idea? You can find out if you read I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter.

Me: Okay, for real though – why ARE you such a comic nerd? Is it the skintight, borderline sexy outfits?
Caleb: Totally. Have you seen the muscles on Superman? *fans self*

Personally, I really do think that Teagan Hunter is a super talented author. Her writing style really makes the whole book unputdownable, the characters are fantastic and extremely funny, the story is full with hilarious moments, and there is always a twist which will totally surprise you. The text messages are still the bests, OMG, these little texts made me laugh several times.
I absolutely loved the characters in this book. Zoe is such an energetic girl, she is full with life, she is an awesome friend, she has a good sense of humor, but at the same time she is really thoughtful. She was already a likeable character in the first novel, too, and this one just even made her more loveable. Caleb... Oh, Caleb! ♥ He is sooooo swoon-worthy, an awesome book boyfriend. He is so perfect, so caring, loving, adorable... Yes, I love that guy. Fortunately, Zach and Delia also have some roles in this book, too, and it made me so happy. It was so good to read that they are still that amazing couple.

Caleb: DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENT
Me: Wow, a picture of our living room. How neat.
Caleb: Look closer.
Me: Omg. Dying. Why is he hiding under the couch?
Caleb: Because I sat on the remote and accidentally turned the volume up REALLY high during a loud scene and he just took off scared as shit. Now he won’t come out.
Me: Aww… I feel so bad for him.
Caleb: DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENT
Caleb: Did I mention he was sitting on my stomach when it happened?
Me: That’s a tiny scratch. You just wanted to send me a picture of your abs.
Caleb: Guilty.

Taking everything into account, I Wanna Text You Up is just as phenomenal as Let's Get Textual. This book totally pulled me in and didn't let me until I finished it. This is such a a unique novel, you can rarely find and read a story like that. If you want to read something romantic and full with funny scenes, do not look further, I Wanna Text You Up will be a perfect choice for you. But before that, read the first book in the series. Trust me, you won't regret it.
I give this book six stars, but it deserves a lot more.

 

I WANNA TEXT YOU UP ON GOODREADS

PURCHASE I WANNA TEXT YOU UP
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2FyXqdJ

AUTHOR LINKS

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése