2021. október 21., csütörtök

Fiona Cole: Blame it on the Champagne – értékelés | Blame it on the Champagne by Fiona Cole – review

 
! PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH ! 
 
Fiona Cole: Blame it on the Champagne | Könyvprofil
Megjelenés ideje: 2020. december 15.
Sorozat: Blame it on the Alcohol
A sorozat kötetei:
Blame it on the Champagne
Blame it on the Tequila
Oldalak száma: 346
Fülszöveg:
There’s only one thing to do when you wake up, married to your brand new boss, whom you hate but can’t resist: You blame the champagne.
I blame the bubbles for my wild night with a masked stranger.
Who cares if it's nothing this good girl would normally do--with a man that turns out to be my horrible boss?
Who cares that I’m promised to someone else?
I blame the alcohol for agreeing to marry him.
As long as my new husband keeps his mouth shut, I can survive five years of our little arrangement. Its too late for anything else.
But our impromptu wedding leads to so much more than I bargained for. His dirty promises warm me. His kisses make me lightheaded. His respect slips past my best defenses. The hate turns to friendship, and makes me dream of more. He’s like the most dangerous kind of champagne.
That’s why I blame him for making me fall in love with him.
But when I find out our marriage was nothing more than revenge, what’s to blame for my broken heart?
 

 
Sometimes, chances aren’t given to us – we have to take them.
 
Fiona Cole írónőtől már volt szerencsém olvasni, ugyan csak egy regényt, de az az egy igencsak elnyerte a tetszésemet. Ez a kötet nem volt más, mint az Another, ami az írónő Voyeur című sorozatának negyedik kötete. Én ennek az olvasásába úgy kezdtem bele, hogy az előzőeket egyáltalán nem olvastam, viszont ez egyáltalán nem vett el az olvasási élményemből. Ha szeretitek a váratlan terhességekről szóló történeteket, akkor szerintem ennek is megéri adni egy esélyt.
Az írónő Blame it on the Champagne című alkotásával már számtalan alkalommal összefutottam a különböző közösségi felületeken, rengetegen szinte ódákat zengtek róla, ezért úgy gondoltam, hogy én is megpróbálkozok vele. Azonban én most azon olvasók közé tartozom, akiknek nem éppen nyerte el a tetszését ez a könyv. Az eleje jól indult, de aztán nagyon gyorsan rosszra fordultak a dolgok, rengeteg olyan tényező lépett közbe, amelyek nagyon megnehezítették számomra azt, hogy szerethessem ezt a regényt.
 
ami tetszett a regényben:
 
ahogy Verana kiállt saját magáért
Van néhány feszültebb jelenet Vera és az édesapja között, és jó volt látni, hogy megpróbálja rávenni az édesapját, hogy az ő érdekeit tartsa szem előtt.

Verana barátnői
Raelynn hatalmas kedvencem lett, de Novát is sikerült nagyon megkedvelnem.
Nagyon szórakoztatóak ezek a lányok, imádtam a közös jeleneteiket. Imádtam, hogy Raelynnt egyáltalán nem érdekelte mások véleménye, ő csak élvezni akarta a saját életét. Nagyon kíváncsi lennék az ő történetére, remélem, hogy hamarosan ez is meg fog jelenni, valamint abban is bízok, hogy azzal a férfivel fog összejönni, akiről már a Blame it on the Champagneben is olvashattunk.
Nova az a rejtélyes típusú lány, őt is nagyon megszerettem ebben a regényben, szeretnék majd az ő történetére is sort keríteni.
 
néhány aranyos jelenet Vera és Nico között
Azt sajnos nem mondhatom, hogy a főszereplőknek sikerült belopniuk magukat a szívembe (lentebb bővebben írok arról, hogy ez miért van így), viszont azt nem tagadom, hogy nekik is vannak jó, és néha kifejezetten aranyos jeleneteik. A nászutas fejezetek és az epilógus kifejezetten élvezhető volt.

Ryan
Vagyis Nico asszisztense. Ez a srác megérdemelne egy díjat és úgy egy év (vagy annál hosszabb) nyaralást is azért, amiért nap mint nap képes elviselni Nicót anélkül, hogy teljesen megőrülne.
 
Nico nagypapája
 
A marriage built on lies is no marriage at all, Nicholas. Even a fake one.
 
Hatalmas köszönet Charlie papának, amiért megpróbálta észhez téríteni Nicót, viszont őt szinte elvakította a bosszúvágya, így sajnos nem hallgatott a nagyapja bölcs tanácsaira. 
 
ami nem tetszett a regényben:

Nico
A történet kezdetén én egyenesen gyűlöltem ezt a karaktert, nekem már ő túl sok volt, a cselekedeti és gondolatai miatt többször elgondolkoztam azon, hogy jobb lenne, ha inkább félbehagynám a Blame it on the Champagne olvasását.  Őszintén megmondva, a legeslegvégéig igazán nehéz volt bármi olyat feledezni benne, ami a gyűlöleten kívül más érzelmet is kiváltott volna belőlem. 
Néhány idézet segítségével szeretném nektek illusztrálni, hogy miért is nem sikerült Nicónak belopnia magát a szívembe. Vigyázat, ezek erősen spoileres tartalmak lesznek!
 
#1 Nico cége új alkalmazottat keres az egyik pozícióra, és főhősnőnk, Verana, is megpályázza ezt az állást. Nico viszi végbe az interjúkat, de mielőtt Verára kerülhetne a sor, távoznia kell, így nem találkoznak egymással.
Vera az interjú után viszont összefut Nicóval, és egy elég heves flörtölésbe kezdenek. Pár perccel később Nico rájön, hogy a nő azért tartózkodik az épületben, mert ő is állásinterjúra jött, és konkrétan elveszti a józan eszét:
 
“Mr. Rush, its a pleasure to meet you.”
Any hope of softening the statue before me vanished when he looked at my extended hand, and his lips curled in disgust. “Did you know I owned the company?”
“What?” I asked, slowly dropping my hand.
“Did. You. Know. I owned. The company?” he asked slower as if that would make it make more sense.
“Ummm... No. I mean, I knew Nicholas Rush owned the company, but I didn’t know it was you.”
His jaw ticked, and he took a step closer, but this time it wasn't in passion, but to intimidate.
(...)
“Are you sure? Maybe you saw me and bumped into me so you could flirt and increase your chances of being hired?”
“Excuse me?” I asked in a dangerously low tone.
“You came on pretty strong, Miss Barrone.”
 
Ugyan már! Ennek a fickónak nem ártana lehűtenie egy kicsit magát. Mielőtt Nico nem tudta, hogy ki is Vera és miért is van az épületben, ő is elég rámenős volt. Nevetséges, hogy menyire álszentkedik.
 
#2 A következő fejezetben ezeket a sorokat olvashatjuk Nico szemszögéből:
 
I wasn’t sure how much I trusted that the whole thing was an accident. Yes, I’d bumped into her, but maybe she saw me coming and orchestrated it all after shed missed me in the interview.
 
#3 Egy kicsit később, de ugyanebben a fejezetben, Vera beszélget egy férfi munkatársával, és miután a férfi távozik, Nico és Vera egyedül maradnak a teremben, Nico pedig ezeket a csodás szavakkal illet Verát:
 
And then it was only Vera and me in the empty meeting room.
I stood there waiting for her to collect her papers, studying the way her dark hair fell to her shoulders, no matter how many times she tucked it behind her ears.
“Can I help you with something?” she asked, standing upright, shoulders back and chin high. She looked like she should be running her own company.
“You know hes married.”
“Excuse me?”
“Domenic. Happily so.” Her eyes widened. “Just in case you were hoping to flirt with another man in charge to get ahead.”
 
 
Oké, értem én, hogy a karriere során összefutott már olyan nőkkel, akik testi adottságaik segítségével próbálták jobb pozíciókba tornázni magukat, de azért még így sem feltételezheti, hogy mindenkinek ilyen szándékai vannak.
Nagyon meglepett, hogy Vera még ezek után is úgy dönt, hogy igenis itt szeretne dolgozni. Nico többször is megalázó szavakkal illeti őt, komolyan nem értem, hogy lehetséges az, hogy ezek után nem adta be a felmondását. Számomra ez az év rejtélye.

#4 Vera és Nico intim kapcsolatot létesítenek egymással egy álarcosbálban, viszont egyikük sem tudja, hogy kivel is került ilyen közeli kontaktusba. Aztán egy nap Nico észreveszi, hogy Verának harapásnyomok vannak a nyakán, ezt a felfedezését pedig így reagálja le:
 
“Where did you get those?”
“I think you know.”
(...)
“Did you plan on fucking your way to the top?”
“Excuse me?”
“It’s too much of a coincidence that you fuck me this weekend and then come in today with a grand plan for one of our biggest projects, you know I’m in charge of. Did you think it would help you get picked for the team if you got my dick wet?”
 
Haver. Kiszuszi, beszuszi. Kiszuszi, beszuszi.
És igen, Vera még ezek után is sem adta be a felmondását. Erre már nem tudok mit mondani.
 
Verana
Vera a regény kezdetén egy igencsak ambíciózus, erős ifjú hölgy, aki a saját maga erejéből szeretne nevet szerezni magának az üzleti világban, de ha engem kérdeztek, a  történet előrehaladtával elveszti ezt a magabiztosságát.
Egy ponton már oda is eljutunk, hogy Verának szinte semmi baja sincs azzal, hogy az édesapja Camdennel akarja összeadni, és ennek az az oka, hogy úgy 2 percig kedves volt vele a férfi? Ezelőtt csak a szabadságról és az ehhez hasonló dolgokról regélt, de ha a férfi csak egy kis ideig szépen szól hozzá, akkor már nincs is semmi baja az egésszel. Komolyan teljesen lesokkolt ez a jelenet.
Még most sem tudom megérteni, hogy tudott ilyen könnyen megbocsájtani Nicónak. Csak olvastam és olvastam ezeket a sorokat, és szinte alig hittem a szememnek. A kezdetben nagyon szimpatikus volt,  de ugyanezt már nem tudom elmondani róla a könyv végére.
 
Camden
Ezzel szerintem nem okozok nagy meglepetést, ez a fickó szó szerint undorító. Egy másodpercig sem hittem neki, amikor kedves volt Verával, rendkívül gyanús volt nekem mindvégig ez a férfi.
 
Verana édesapja
Az Év Apukája díjat kapja...
 
Maybe if you hadnt spent an extra week spreading your legs for the enemy...
 
Hát, igen, az már biztos, hogy nem Verana édesapja. Igen, ezt a csodás mondatot a férfi mondja a saját lányának. Értem én, hogy nagyon nehéz helyzetbe kerültek, és dühös lett, de te jó ég, attól még csak a lánya.
 
↠  emelt fővel és felemelem az állam/felemelte az állát
Már nem is tudtam követni, hogy hány alkalommal fordult elő, hogy amikor Nico beszél Veráról, vagy éppen Vera írja le saját magát, az emelt fővel és felemelem az állam/felemelte az állát szófordulat. Ez a fajta leírás nagyon gyorsan unalmassá és idegesítővé vált, csak hogy egy kis ízelítőt mutassak nektek, itt van néhány:
 
I slid the paper across the slick wood and held his questioning stare, my chin high.
 
Lifting my chin higher, I waited for his answer.
 
Can I help you with something?she asked, standing upright, shoulders back and chin high.
 
She brushed her hair behind her ear, lifting her chin proudly.
 
I’d bolted from his office as controlled as possible with my chin held high...
 
With my chin high, I walked through the glass doors...
 
... lifting my chin, ready to conquer the situation no matter what it held.
 
... she stated with her chin high, daring me to contradict her.
 
I clutched my robe tighter and backed away into the room, chin held high.
 
I lifted my chin higher and remained milishly silent.
 
Unable to form any more arguments as exhaustion crept through my limbs, I held my chin high.
 
Standing taller, I lifted my chin, portraying the defiant courage...
 
... lifting her stubborn chin like a dare.
 
Instead of answering, she lifted her chin...
 
Shed opened the door with her chin high...
 
I pulled my shoulders back and lifted my chin...
 

 
... és ez még nem minden, ezeken kívül még bőven vannak ilyen mondatok.
Értem én, hogy Vera erős nő, és szeretek is ilyen magabiztos női karakterekről olvasni. Veranának is vannak nagyszerű jelenetei, de ez a rengeteg ismétlődés majdcsak élvezhetetlenné tette az egészet.
Néhány ilyen leírás teljesen jó, de minél több lett belőle, annál jobban azt éreztem, hogy az írónő nagyon rá akarja erőltetni Verára ezt az erős női szerepet.
 
↠  Nico terve
Szerintem abban sokan egyet tudunk érteni, hogy Nico terve enyhén szólva borzalmas, és az, hogy a kezdetektől szinte minden apró részletig tudunk mindent sokat elvesz a cselekmény meglepetés faktorából. Miközben olvasod ezt a könyvet már szinte a legelején rájössz, hogy mi okozza majd a fő konfliktust, de még csak nem is kell elkezdeni olvasni, már a fülszövegben fel van fedve minden.
Nekem sokkal jobban tetszett volna, ha az írónő nagyobb titokban tartja Nico tervét, és mondjuk mi olvasók is Verával együtt tudunk meg mindent. Sokkal nagyobb lett volna a így sokkfaktor,  hiszen ha nem tudunk a tervéről, akkor nagy eséllyel elkezdjük megkedvelni a férfit, és akkor bumm jön egy nagy csavar. De így, személy szerint én már a kezdetektől utáltam Nicót, aztán amikor kiderült az igazság semmi újat sem éreztem, hiszen várható volt, hogy ide bizony ki fogunk lyukadni.
Őszintén megmondva, miután minden apró részletét letisztázzák a megegyezésüknek, eléggé unalmassá vált számomra a cselekmény, és már csak arra vártam, hogy végre lelepleződjön Nico, hogy akkor végre hátha történik valami.
 
miért nem vagytok még házasok?
Maga az esküvő nagyon nagyon sokára történik meg a könyvben, egyáltalán nem tetszett, hogy ennyit kellett várni arra, hogy férj és feleség váljon belőlük. Annyira sokat kellett várni rá, hogy már eljutottam arra a pontra, hogy minden egyes alkalommal, amikor az egyik főszereplőnek pezsgős pohár került a kezébe, azt gondoltam, hogy na végre, akkor csak eljön végre az a házasságos rész. Csak annyit szeretnék mondani, hogy elég sokszor megfordult ez a mondat a fejemben, mire végre el is értünk ahhoz a várva várt frigyhez.
Majdcsak minden jelenetben volt valami pezsgős dolog. Úgy itták ezek a karakterek a pezsgőt, mintha csak víz lenne.

a befejezés
Szerintem nagyon el lett kapkodva a történet lezárása. Vera gyorsan elfelejt mindent (ezt valahogy még mindig nem tudom felfogni), megbocsájt Niconak, és aztán már el is értünk az epilógushoz. És, ennyi, vége. Ennél azért többet vártam. 

Mindent figyelembe véve, hát, Fiona Cole Blame it on the Champagne című alkotása mondjuk úgy, hogy nem lett a kedvencem.  A kezdetektől fogva tudni lehet Nico nagy tervéről, emiatt szinte képtelenség volt számomra megkedvelni ezt a férfit, Vera egy ígéretes karakter a történet elején, de a kötet végére nagyon megváltozott a róla alkotott véleményem. Ezektől eltekintve, Nova és Rae történeteire igenis kíváncsi vagyok, szóval biztonsan adni fogok ezeknek is egy esélyt.
Értékelés: 2 csillag
 
Blame it on the Champagne | Moly
 
Blame it on the Champagne | Goodreads
 
Fiona Cole | Elérhetőségek
Blame it on the Champagne by Fiona Cole | Book profile
Publishing date: December 15th, 2020
Series: Blame it on the Alcohol
Books in the series:
Blame it on the Champagne
Blame it on the Tequila
Number of pages: 346
Blurb:
There’s only one thing to do when you wake up, married to your brand new boss, whom you hate but can’t resist: You blame the champagne.
I blame the bubbles for my wild night with a masked stranger.
Who cares if it's nothing this good girl would normally do--with a man that turns out to be my horrible boss?
Who cares that I’m promised to someone else?
I blame the alcohol for agreeing to marry him.
As long as my new husband keeps his mouth shut, I can survive five years of our little arrangement. Its too late for anything else.
But our impromptu wedding leads to so much more than I bargained for. His dirty promises warm me. His kisses make me lightheaded. His respect slips past my best defenses. The hate turns to friendship, and makes me dream of more. He’s like the most dangerous kind of champagne.
That’s why I blame him for making me fall in love with him.
But when I find out our marriage was nothing more than revenge, what’s to blame for my broken heart?
 

 
Sometimes, chances aren’t given to us – we have to take them.
 
I am lucky enough to say that I am familiar with Fiona Cole’s publishing career, though I have only read one of her books, that one completely amazed me. This novel is titled Another, and it is the fourth book in her Voyeur series. I have started this by not having read the previous books in the series, and I have to say it was completely enjoyable, I did not feel like there was something missing just because I did not know what happened with the other couples. If you like surprise pregnancy novels, I can highly recommend this to you.
I have seen so many posts about Blame it on the Champagne on various social media platforms, people were saying that this was one of the best novels they have ever read, so I thought I should give it a chance too. But now, months have passed since I have finished reading it, and I am still with that small group of people who did not enjoy it. The beginning was great, but Nico and Vera’s story went downhill super fast, there were so many aspects of this story that made it extremely hard for me to enjoy it.
 
things I did like:
 
Verana standing up for herself
There are some pretty intense scenes with Vera and her father, and it was actually good to see that she tries to reason with him.
 
Verana’s friends
Especially Raelynn. But I liked Nova too.
These girls are so entertaining, I loved each and every scene with them. I adored that Raelynn could not care less about anyone's opinion, she is there to enjoy life. I am incredibly curious about her book, I really hope it will be published soon, fingers crossed her love interest will be the man we can read about in this book too, because it sounds so so so so good.
Nova is that mysterious girl to me, I liked her too, I am pretty sure I will give her book a chance soon.
 
some cute scenes with Verana and Nico
I can not say that I really liked these characters (I will talk about my problems with them in a sec), but I can not deny that they have some good and sometimes cute scenes together. I liked some of the honeymoon chapters, and the epilogue was really enjoyable too.
 
Ryan
Aka Nico’s assistant. This guy deserves an award and like a 1 year vacation (or longer) for dealing with Nico on a daily basis and not going crazy.
 
Nico’s grandfather
 
A marriage built on lies is no marriage at all, Nicholas. Even a fake one.
 
Shoutout to Grandpa Charlie, who tried his best to reason with Nico but he was too blinded by his revenge to listen to him.
 
things I did not like:
 
Nico
At the beginning I straight up hated him, he was just way too much, because of his reactions I actually considered multiple times that maybe it would be better if I just stopped reading it, but for some reason I kept going. To be honest, until the last few chapters, I could not really love him, knowing about his plans made it impossible for me.
Let me illustrate it with some quotes why I hate him. But before we dive into these, let me warn you that I will write detailed descriptions about these scenes, so if you are planning on reading this book, please skip this section.
 
#1 Nicos company is hiring, and the heroine, Vera, applies for the job. Nico is doing the interviews. However, before Vera’s turn, he has to leave, so they do not actually meet. After the interview, they bump into each other and start to flirt. Then Nico finds out that Vera is in the building because she applied for the job and he goes batshit crazy:
 
“Mr. Rush, its a pleasure to meet you.”
Any hope of softening the statue before me vanished when he looked at my extended hand, and his lips curled in disgust. “Did you know I owned the company?”
“What?” I asked, slowly dropping my hand.
“Did. You. Know. I owned. The company?” he asked slower as if that would make it make more sense.
“Ummm... No. I mean, I knew Nicholas Rush owned the company, but I didn’t know it was you.”
His jaw ticked, and he took a step closer, but this time it wasn't in passion, but to intimidate.
(...)
“Are you sure? Maybe you saw me and bumped into me so you could flirt and increase your chances of being hired?”
“Excuse me?” I asked in a dangerously low tone.
“You came on pretty strong, Miss Barrone.”
 
Puh-lease dude, chillax. Before you didnt know who she was, you flirted with her pretty strong too. The hipocrisy is just ridiculous.
 
#2 In the next chapter, from Nico's point of view, we can read the following:
 
I wasn’t sure how much I trusted that the whole thing was an accident. Yes, I’d bumped into her, but maybe she saw me coming and orchestrated it all after shed missed me in the interview.
 
#3 A little further into this chapter Vera dares to talk to another guy who works there, and after said guy leaves, this happens:
 
And then it was only Vera and me in the empty meeting room.
I stood there waiting for her to collect her papers, studying the way her dark hair fell to her shoulders, no matter how many times she tucked it behind her ears.
“Can I help you with something?” she asked, standing upright, shoulders back and chin high. She looked like she should be running her own company.
“You know hes married.”
“Excuse me?”
“Domenic. Happily so.” Her eyes widened. “Just in case you were hoping to flirt with another man in charge to get ahead.”
 
 
I mean, okay I understand, he has experience with women doing that to get different positions at his company, but come on, you can't assume that each and every woman has the same intentions.
I am actually surprised that Vera still decides to work for him, and the fact that she stays after all this bullshit is just shocking. Literally, it is the mystery of the year for me.
 
#4 Vera and Nico have sex in a masqurade ball and they do not know the identity of their partners, but later Nico sees the bite mark on her neck and then:
 
“Where did you get those?”
“I think you know.”
(...)
“Did you plan on fucking your way to the top?”
“Excuse me?”
“It’s too much of a coincidence that you fuck me this weekend and then come in today with a grand plan for one of our biggest projects, you know I’m in charge of. Did you think it would help you get picked for the team if you got my dick wet?
 
Dude. Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out.
And yeah, after this conversation... Vera still stays at his company. No comment.
 
Verana
Vera actually started out as a pretty ambitious, strong young woman who wants to make a name for herself in the business world but if you ask me, as the story progresses, she loses that confidence.
At one point, she even gets way too comfortable with that arranged marriage to Camden (the guy his father picked for her) because he has been nice to her for like what 2 minutes? Before that freedom and stuff like that were all she has been talking about, but nah once the guy acts nice for once she is like “I’m in.” I seriously couldn't believe that is all it takes for her.
I still do not understand how she can forget all the horrible stuff Nico did. I was just reading and reading those lines and could not believe my eyes. I really liked her at the beginning of the book, but I could not say the same by the time I reached the end of the story.
 
Camden
Pretty sure this is not a surprise. That guy is disgusting. I did not believe him for a second when he was being nice to Vera, he was super sus.
 
Verana’s father
And the Father of the Year award goes to...
 
Maybe if you hadnt spent an extra week spreading your legs for the enemy...
 
Yeah, not to Veranas father, that is for sure. Yes, he says this very lovely sentence to his own daughter. What a man. I understand that in that situation he is very angry, but geez man, she is your daughter.
 
“chin high” and “lifting my/her chin”
I swear, if Nico talks about Vera or she describes herself, they always include her lifting her chin or "with her chin high". And this kind of description quickly became annoying and boring.
 
I slid the paper across the slick wood and held his questioning stare, my chin high.
 
Lifting my chin higher, I waited for his answer.
 
Can I help you with something? she asked, standing upright, shoulders back and chin high.
 
She brushed her hair behind her ear, lifting her chin proudly.
 
I’d bolted from his office as controlled as possible with my chin held high...
 
With my chin high, I walked through the glass doors...
 
... lifting my chin, ready to conquer the situation no matter what it held.
 
... she stated with her chin high, daring me to contradict her.
 
I clutched my robe tighter and backed away into the room, chin held high.
 
I lifted my chin higher and remained milishly silent.
 
Unable to form any more arguments as exhaustion crept through my limbs, I held my chin high.
 
Standing taller, I lifted my chin, portraying the defiant courage...
 
... lifting her stubborn chin like a dare.
 
Instead of answering, she lifted her chin...
 
Shed opened the door with her chin high...
 
I pulled my shoulders back and lifted my chin...
 

 
... and the list could go on, there are more sentences like these.
We get it. She is strong. And I absolutely adore reading about strong heroines. Verana has confident moments, and I really loved those, but the constant chin lifting really made those scenes irritating.
A few descriptions with this chin stuff were fine, but after many more, it gave me the impression that the author is forcing the strong heroine thingy on Verana.
 
Nico’s plan
Of course, Nicos plan is problematic to say the least, but knowing about it for almost the whole time takes away a lot from the surprise element of the story. Like when you are reading this novel, you could see the conflict from miles away, it is even mentioned in the blurb.
I would have loved if the author handled Nico’s plan a lot more in secret so we wouldn't know about it and for example we would find out together with Verana. It would have been a lot more shocking and emotional.
Honestly, after they agree on everything about the marriage, I was just waiting for Nicos plan to be revealed, so finally something would happen.
 
why aren’t you married yet???
The marriage happens so so so late in the book, I do not like the fact that we really really really slowly reach the point where they actually become husband and wife. I swear, almost each and every time the main characters started to drink champagne I was like okay, now they will get married. Lemme tell you, it happened a hella lot of times until finally they get married.
Champagne, champagne everywhere. They drink it just like water.
 
the groveling
Or rather, the lack of groveling.
In my opinion, Nico does not grovel enough, like at all. Okay, he grovels a little bit, but it is not nearly enough for the things he did. If I had been in Veras place, I wouldnt have forgotten him that fast. I do not think that a betrayal like that can be forgotten just like that.
 
the ending
It was really rushed. Vera just forgets everything way too quickly, they have sex, and then we reach the epilogue. The end. I just wanted something more.
 
Taking everything into account, well to say the least, Blame it on the Champagne by Fiona Cole did not become one of my favourite books. Knowing about Nico's plan from almost the beginning made it really hard for me to love him, Vera started out as a promising character but by the end I did not really like her. On the other hand, I am really interested in Rae and Novas books, so I will definitely give those a chance.
Final rating: 2 stars
 
Blame it on the Champagne | Goodreads
 
Fiona Cole | Author links

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése