2022. június 2., csütörtök

Rina Kent: Empire of Desire – Értékelés | Empire of Desire by Rina Kent – Review

 
! PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH !
 
Rina Kent: Empire of Desire | Könyvprofil
Sorozat: Empire
A sorozat kötetei:
Empire of Desire
Empire of Sin
Empire of Hate
Empire of Lust
Fülszöveg:
My forbidden husband.
 
I kissed my father’s best friend and it kind of didn’t go well.
Not only because he’s eighteen years older than me—but he also didn’t like it.
Not one bit.
In my defense, I didn’t mean to fall for him. It just happened.
Nathaniel Weaver is the most attractive man I’ve ever seen with enough charisma to blind the sun.
He’s bigger than the world, owns half of it and conquered the other half.
He was forbidden.
Wrong.
So I totally got over him. Or so I told myself.
Until we’re forced to get married.
Now I’m trapped.
But maybe he’s trapped too.
Because we’re both reaching for that forbidden fruit dangling between us.
 
Empire of Desire is a complete STANDALONE. No book should be read prior to this.
Note: This is NOT a dark romance.
 

 
Rina Kent néhány évvel ezelőtt a Royal Elite című sorozatával teljesen belopta magát a szívembe, és azóta is ő az egyik legnagyobb kedvenc írónőm. Mindig meg tud lepni, és le tud nyűgözni a karaktereivel, a történeteivel és a váratlan fordulataival. Emiatt különösen nagyon fáj kijelentenem, hogy félbe kellett hagynom a Empire sorozat nyitókötetének, az Empire of Desire-nek, az olvasását. Ha egy szóval kellene jellemeznem az olvasás közbeni és utáni hangulatomat, akkor biztosan a csalódottra esne a választásom. Egyszerűen egy olyan érzés fogott el olvasás közben, mintha nem is annak az írónőnek az írását olvasnám, akinek olyan alkotásokat köszönhetek, mint a Royal Elite és a Kingdom Duet.
 
He places his briefcase on the floor and opens his arms. “Come here.”
I dive in, wrapping my arms around him. “I love you, Dad.”
“Love you too, Angel. You’re the best gift I’ve ever received.”
 
Az Empire of Desire főhősnője Gwyneth Shaw, akinek a történet kezdetén éppen a tizennyolcadik születésnapját ünneplik. A lány már régóta fülig szerelmes édesapja legjobb barátjába, Nathaniel Weaver-be, és ahogy teltek az évek, az érzései a férfi iránt egyre csak erősödtek. Ezért elhatározta, hogy vonzalmát végre lépések formájában is ki fogja fejezni, és a tizennyolcadik születésnapján megcsókolta Nate-et. Azonban ennek nem olyan végkifejlete lett, mint amire Gwyneth számított. Két évvel később viszont annak érdekében, hogy megvédjenek mindent, ami számukra fontos, házasságra kell lépniük.
Milyen hatással lesz ez az érdekházasság kettejük kapcsolatára? Megtudhatjátok, ha elolvassátok Rina Kent Empire of Desire című regényét.

The thing about ambition is that it cant be stopped, measured, or contained.

Alapvetően nekem nincs bajom az olyan romantikus regényekkel, amelyekben a két főszereplő között van egy nagyobb korkülönbség. Sőt, még kifejezetten szeretem is ezeket. Viszont van valami, ami igazán eltántoríthat az ilyen történetek olvasásától, ez pedig nem más, mint a főszereplők gyerekes viselkedése.
Gwyneth-et borzasztóan idegesítőnek találtam. Őszintén megmondva, ő volt az oka annak, hogy úgy döntöttem, félbehagyom az Empire of Desire olvasását. Legjobban az a jelenet akasztott ki, amikor Kingsley kómában fekszik, eközben pedig Gwyneth és Nate a kórházban a házassáukról beszélgetnek, és a lányt az aggasztja a legjobban, hogy vajon az esküvőjük után Nate meg fogja-e érinteni. Nem akartam hinni a szememnek, amikor ehhez a részhez értem. Ezután döntöttem úgy, hogy abbahagyom az olvasást.
Volt valami, amit viszont kifejezetten szerettem ebben a regényben, ez pedig Kingsley és Gwyneth apa-lánya kapcsolata. Kingsley annyira gondoskodó apa, nagyon szerettem a közös jeleneteiket, és imádtam az ő szemszögéből is olvasni.
 
The world isn’t only yes or no. There are “I guess” moments – maybes, the unsure.
 
Mindent figyelembe véve, Rina Kent Empire of Desire című alkotásában minden megvolt ahhoz, hogy szeressem, de a kivitelezés számomra nagyon nehézzé tette az olvasás élvezését. Mérhetetlenül szomorú vagyok, hogy félbe kellett hagynom. Látok rá esélyt, hogy a későbbiekben adok még egy esélyt a sorozatnak, de nem hinném, hogy erre a közeljövőben sor fog kerülni.
Ettől függetlenül nagyon várom már az írónő új sorozatának, a Legacy of Gods-nak, a megjelenését, kiváltképpen azért, mert ez egy olyan sorozat lesz, amelyben a kedvenc párjaim gyermekei lesznek a főszerepben. A nyitókötete (God of Malice) várhatóan július 14.-én fog megjelenni.
Értékelés: Mivel nem olvastam végig, így nem is szeretném csillagozással értékelni.
 

 
Empire of Desire by Rina Kent | Book profile
Series: Empire
Books in the series:
Empire of Desire
Empire of Sin
Empire of Hate
Empire of Lust
Blurb:
My forbidden husband.
 
I kissed my father’s best friend and it kind of didn’t go well.
Not only because he’s eighteen years older than me—but he also didn’t like it.
Not one bit.
In my defense, I didn’t mean to fall for him. It just happened.
Nathaniel Weaver is the most attractive man I’ve ever seen with enough charisma to blind the sun.
He’s bigger than the world, owns half of it and conquered the other half.
He was forbidden.
Wrong.
So I totally got over him. Or so I told myself.
Until we’re forced to get married.
Now I’m trapped.
But maybe he’s trapped too.
Because we’re both reaching for that forbidden fruit dangling between us.
 
Empire of Desire is a complete STANDALONE. No book should be read prior to this.
Note: This is NOT a dark romance.
 
 
Ever since I have started to read her Royal Elite books, Rina Kent has been one of my biggest favourite authors. She never ever ceased to amaze me with her stories, characters and twist and turns I never see coming. For this reason, it is breaking my heart to say that I had to stop reading the first novel in her Empire series, titled Empire of Desire. If I had to describe my feelings during and after reading it, most probably I would pick the word devastated. While I was reading this book, it felt like I was not even reading the words of the author who gave me masterpieces like Royal Elite and the Kingdom Duet.
 
He places his briefcase on the floor and opens his arms. “Come here.”
I dive in, wrapping my arms around him. “I love you, Dad.”
“Love you too, Angel. You’re the best gift I’ve ever received.”
 
The heroine of Empire of Desire is Gwyneth Shaw. In the beginning of the story, people are celebrating her eighteenth birthday. She has been in love with her fathers best friend, Nathaniel Weaver, for quite a while now, and as the years went, her feelings only grow stronger. On her eighteenth birthday, she has decided to turn her interest into action, and she kissed him. However, it does not end in a way she wanted it to. Two years later, they are forced to get married in order to protect everything that is important for them.
How will this marriage of convenience affect their relationship? You can find out if you decide to read Empire of Desire by Rina Kent.

The thing about ambition is that it cant be stopped, measured, or contained.

To be honest, I do not mind reading romance novels in which there is a bigger age difference between the main characters. What is more, I actually enjoy them. The only thing that can make me stop reading an age gap romance is one of the main characters acting immature. And unfortunately, in my opinion, that is the case with Empire of Desire.
I found Gwyneth quite annoying. Honestly, she is the reason why I decided to stop reading this book. What made me really shocked is the scene during which her father is lying in coma in his hospital room, and outside the room, Gwyneth and Nate are talking about their upcoming nuptials, and she is mostly worrying about if Nate would touch her during their marriage or not. I seriously could not belive my eyes when I read this scene. This was the final nail in the coffin, I decided to stop reading this book after this chapter.
The only thing I did like about this book was Kingsley and Gwyneths father-daughter relationship. He is such a caring dad, I adored those scenes in which they appear togther, and I absolutely loved to read from his point of view.
 
The world isn’t only yes or no. There are “I guess” moments – maybes, the unsure.
 
Taking everything into account, Empire of Desire by Rina Kent had everything I loved, but the execution made it really difficult for me to actually enjoy the reading process. My heart is deeply broken because I had to stop reading it. I think it is possible that I will give this series another chance in the future, but I am not seeing it happening soon.
Nevertheless, I am incredibly excited for her new series, titled Legacy of Gods, because it will feature the children of some of my biggest favourite couples. The first book in this series, titled God of Malice, is expected to be released on July 14th.
Final rating: Due to the fact that I have not finished reading it, I would rather not rate it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése