2022. május 15., vasárnap

Piper Rayne: A Greene Family Vacation – Értékelés | A Greene Family Vacation by Piper Rayne – Review

 
! PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH !
 
Piper Rayne: A Greene Family Vacation | Könyvprofil
Megjelenés ideje: 2022. május 10.
Sorozat: The Greene Family
A sorozat kötetei:
My Twist of Fortune
My Beautiful Neighbor
My Almost Ex
My Vegas Groom
A Greene Family Summer Bash
My Sister’s Flirty Friend
My Unexpected Surprise
My Famous Frenemy
A Greene Family Vacation
My Scorned Best Friend (várható megjelenés: 2022. július 12.)
My Fake Fiancé (várható megjelenés: 2022. augusztus 23.)
My Brother’s Forbidden Friend (várható megjelenés: 2022. október 4.)
Fülszöveg:
Greene Family Vacation Itinerary…
 
Ticket holders:
17 adults. 5 children.
 
Departs from Anchorage, Alaska
Arrives in Maui, Hawaii
 
Reports of arguing with the TSA’s at the airport, three drunk grandmas, siblings fighting, a tooth fairy, two celebrities, one sunburned redhead, a wild blonde running the halls and one unexpected layover in San Francisco.
 
Enjoy your trip!
 
 
Piper Rayne alkotásait egy kedves barátnőmnek köszönhetően kezdtem el olvasni, és még most sem tudom eléggé meghálálni neki, hogy ajánlotta nekem ezeket a könyveket, mára már egyszerűen képtelen vagyok betelni velük. Utoljára idén februárban olvastam a Greene családról, és rendesen hiányoztak, annyira jó volt olvasni ezt a kis novellát. Enélkül nem is tudom, hogy mi lett volna velem július közepéig. Bár ez a kis szösszenet az izgatottságomat egy újabb szintre emelte, fogalmam sincs, hogyan fogom kibírni a My Scorned Best Friend megjelenéséig.
Ui.: Ennek az értékelésnek az írása során realizálódott bennem, hogy még három Greene kötet vár megjelenésre, és aztán vége a sorozatnak. Azt már most ki merem jelenteni, hogy én még közel nem állok készen arra, hogy búcsút intsek ezeknek a karaktereknek. Nem, nem, nem is akarok erre gondolni.
 
We’ve all got issues, they’re just not the same. Doesn’t mean one is harder than the other.
 
A Greene-k éppen az éves családi kiruccanásukra készülődnek, de ez indulás előtt valamiről közösen is dönteniük kell. Presley és Cade első közös gyermeke nemrég jött a világra, ezért ők ketten úgy döntenek, hogy az idei nyaralást kihagyják, és inkább otthon maradnak a picivel, hogy belerázódhassank szülői szerepükbe. Ezen döntésüknek köszönhetően felszabadult két jegy. Egy rövidebb tanakodás után arra a döntésre jutnak, hogy Cam (Fisher legjobb barátja) és Clara (Xavier volt legjobb barátja és Presley húga) fog velük tartani Hawaii szigetére Presley és Cade helyett.
Szépen lassan el is érkezett az utazás napja, indulásra fel, irány a reptér. Azonban a Greene család mellett egy percig sem unatkozik az ember, már a repülőtéren akadnak kinek kisebb, kinek nagyobb problémai.
Hogy mi is lesz ennek a családi utazásnak a végkimenetele? Megtudhatjátok, ha elolvassátok Piper Rayne A Greene Family Vacation című alkotását.
 
I just want to make sure you know that in my life, the sun rises and sets on you.
 
Személy szerint én nagyon örülök annak, hogy az írónők a hosszabb sorozataikba beépítenek ilyen rövidke kis szösszeneteket, amelyek során több pár szemszögéből betekintést nyerhetünk abba, hogyan is zajlik az életük. 
Amit talán a legjobban szerettem ebben a novellában az nem más, mint hogy annyira valósághű volt. Az élet nem tökéletes, ezeknek a karaktereknek is megvoltak a saját bajaik, amelyek nem oldódtak meg csak úgy egy csettintésre saját maguktól. Akadtak bőven nézeteltéréseik, amelyek gyakran összeszólalkozásokhoz vezettek, egyáltalán nem egy felhőtlen utazásról olvashatunk ebben a könyvben. Természetesen ezek a kis problémák megoldódnak, nem csak viszályokról olvashatunk több mint kilencven oldalon keresztül, de nekem igenis nagyon tetszett az, hogy ez az írópáros nem egyfajta meseszerű nyaralást tárt elénk.

“We need someone to dress up as the Tooth Fairy tonight to make Trey a believer,” Lucy says.
Cam nods. “I’m in.”
(…)
Cam looks her straight in the eye. “I’ll do it. I need a tutu, some glitter, and probably a headband or something.”
(…)
“You gave him a hundred dollars.”
Chevelle’s smile widens.
“He’s had a rough life. The kid deserves it.”
I shake my head. “That’s what he’s going to expect every time he loses a tooth now.”
“Well, maybe you should be more careful when you’re picking someone to play a supernatural creature next time.” He winks.
 
Őszinte leszek, leginkább arra voltam kíváncsi ennek a könyvnek a kapcsán, hogy vajon kapunk-e bármilyen információt Xavier és Clara párosáról. Nem bírom kivárni, hogy végre megtudjuk, mi is volt az oka annak, hogy ennyire eltávolodtak egymástól. Szerencsére az ő szemszögükből is olvashatunk, és ó, micsoda fejezetek voltak ezek! Már most sejtem, hogy nagyon érzelmes történetre számíthatunk a My Scorned Best Friend-ben.
Noah számomra egy teljesen új karakter volt. Ez a férfi ebben a kis novellában egyetlen egy jelenet erejéig volt jelen (annyira aranyos volt, szinte érezni lehetett, hogy teljesen odavan Mandi-ért), mégis képes volt arra, hogy csupán néhány mondatával teljesen levegyen a lábamról. Fogalmam sincs, hogy csinálta, enyhén szólva nagyon felkeltette az érdeklődésemet, már most nagyon várom, hogy augusztus legyen, hogy végre a kezeim közt foghassam a My Fake Fiancé című regényt, mert igen, bizony ebben ő lesz az egyik főszereplő.
Jed és Emelia apa-lánya kapcsolata még mindig az egyik legjobb, amiről valaha is olvastam, annyira, de annyira imádnivalóak a jeleneteik. ! SPOILER VESZÉLY ! Azt hittem, elolvadok, amikor ahhoz a fejezethez értem, amely Jed szemszögéből íródott. Ekkor kezdik gyanítani, hogy Molly rosszulléte mögött a terhesség is állhat, de ezt még nem fedik fel Emelia előtt. A kislány azt hiszi, hogy Molly beteg, és annyira aranyos volt, ahogy aggódott érte. Később egy terhességi teszt igazolja sokak sejtését: Molly bizony állapotos. Elmondhatatlanul boldog voltam, amikor ez kiderült. Rendkívül imádtam azt is, hogy Emelia az anyukájaként tekint Molly-ra, annyira szívmelengető volt ez a fejezet. ! VÉGE A SPOILER RÉSZLEGNEK !
Nagyon szeretem ezt a sorozatot, de számomra Nikki és Logan történetét (My Vegas Groom) eddig még egyiknek sem sikerült felülmúlnia. Amikor elkezdtem olvasni az A Greene Family Vacation-t, már alig vártam, hogy végre az ő nézőpontjukból is olvashassak egy kicsit. Csalódnom abszolút nem kellett, az én szememben még mindig ők a legjobbak.
Cam és Chevelle története ebben a novellában kerül megalapozásra, ha szeretitek az olyan témájú könyveket, amelyben a lány szerelmes lesz a fivére legjobb barátjába, akkor szerintem érdemes lesz majd a My Brothers Forbidden Friend című regénynek is adni egy esélyt.
Fisher és Allie szerelme is töretlen, hatalmas boldogság volt látni, hogy ennyire szeretik egymást. Bár talán számukra indult legdöcögősebben ez az utazás, azért csak akadtak nekik is vidámabb pillanataik. Mondjuk az első gondolatom az volt, hogy Fisher-re rá is férne egy jó hosszú pihenés, szegény eléggé ki volt akadva, és akkor még csak fel sem szálltak a repülőre.
Ethel, Dori és Midge a kötet egyik fénypontja, ezek a hölgyek mindig képesek mosolyt csalni az arcomra. Imádtam őket ebben a kis novellában is, alig várom, hogy megjelenjen a következő Greene kötet, bízom benne, hogy abban is kapnak majd egy kisebb szerepet.
 
I head to the pool’s edge. “Emelia, listen to Uncle Adam and Aunt Lucy, okay?
She nods and puts up her hand in an okay gesture. “Gotcha. Take care of Mommy,” she says and swims off.
 
Mindent figyelembe véve, Piper Rayne A Greene Family Vacation  című alkotása egy tökéletes kikapcsolódást nyújtó kis szösszenet, amely felcsigázza minden olvasó érdeklődését. Ez a kötet lehetőséget biztosított számomra, hogy egy teljesen új környezetben eltölthessek néhány órát számos kedvenc karakterem társaságában. Sőt mi több, a már amúgy is mérhetetlen kíváncsiságomat és izgatottságomat a sorozat további köteteit iránt csak tovább fokozta.
Ha még esetleg nem ismernétek ennek az írópárosnak a munkásságát, de szeretitek az olyan nagycsaládokról szóló sorozatokat, amelynek során minden egyes testvér megkapja a saját kötetét, akkor bátran ajánlom figyelmetekbe a The Baileys és a The Greene Family című könyvsorozatokat. Fontoljátok meg ezeknek az olvasását, szerintem aki szereti az ilyen témájú történeteket, semmiképpen sem fog csalódni ezekben.
Értékelés: 5 csillag
 
 
A Greene Family Vacation by Piper Rayne | Book profile
Publishing date: May 10th, 2022
Series: The Greene Family
Books in the series:
My Twist of Fortune
My Beautiful Neighbor
My Almost Ex
My Vegas Groom
A Greene Family Summer Bash
My Sister’s Flirty Friend
My Unexpected Surprise
My Famous Frenemy
A Greene Family Vacation
My Scorned Best Friend (expected publication: July 12th, 2022)
My Fake Fiancé (expected publication: August 23rd, 2022)
My Brother’s Forbidden Friend (expected publication: October 4th, 2022)
Blurb:
Greene Family Vacation Itinerary…
 
Ticket holders:
17 adults. 5 children.
 
Departs from Anchorage, Alaska
Arrives in Maui, Hawaii
 
Reports of arguing with the TSA’s at the airport, three drunk grandmas, siblings fighting, a tooth fairy, two celebrities, one sunburned redhead, a wild blonde running the halls and one unexpected layover in San Francisco.
 
Enjoy your trip!
 

 
I have started to read books written by an author duo called Piper Rayne because one of my sweet friends recommended them to me, and still to this day, I can not thank her enough for doing so, I am literally obsessed with these novels. The last time I read about the Greene family was in February, and I missed them so much, it was so heartwarming to read about them again. I do not even know how I would have survived until July without this short story. Although, A Greene Family Vacation just took my excitement for the next installments of this series to a whole new level, the release date of My Scorned Best Friend just feels so far away, I need it so bad.
PS.: While I was writing this review, I realised that we will get three more Greene books, and after that, the series ends. I can already say that I am so not ready for that moment, I do not want to say goodbye to my favourite characters. Nope, no, no, I do not even want to think about it.
 
We’ve all got issues, they’re just not the same. Doesn’t mean one is harder than the other.
 
As the title of the book suggests, the story starts with the Greenes getting ready for their annual family trip. But before they go, they have to make a decision together. The first child of Presley and Cade has just been born, and because of that, they have agreed on skipping this years trip to stay at home and spend more time with their newborn so they can settle into parenthood. As a result of this decision, they have two free tickets, and the Greenes have to pick two person to join them. After some consideration, they choose Cam (Fishers best friend) and Clara (Xaviers ex-best friend and Presleys sister) to go with them to Hawaii.
The big day has finally arrived, it is time to get ready and go to the airport. But life is never boring if you are a Greene, and many of the family members have to face some kind of difficulties.
What happens on this family trip? You can find out if you decide to read A Greene Family Vacation by Piper Rayne.
 
I just want to make sure you know that in my life, the sun rises and sets on you.
 
Personally, I really like that the authors add these short stories to their longer series, so we can get a glimpse into the lives of our favourite characters.
What I like the most about this novella is the fact that it does not provide us with a picture perfect family trip, and in my opinion, this aspect makes it feel so real. Life is not perfect, these characters also have their own problems that do not magically disappear. They have disagreements, sometimes those lead to arguments, this book is not about an all rainbows and sunshine summer holiday. Of course, these problems do get solved, the plot is not just a huge argument tsunami, but I truly like that the authors decided to give us a story like this one.
 
“We need someone to dress up as the Tooth Fairy tonight to make Trey a believer,” Lucy says.
Cam nods. “I’m in.”
(…)
Cam looks her straight in the eye. “I’ll do it. I need a tutu, some glitter, and probably a headband or something.”
(…)
“You gave him a hundred dollars.”
Chevelle’s smile widens.
“He’s had a rough life. The kid deserves it.”
I shake my head. “That’s what he’s going to expect every time he loses a tooth now.”
“Well, maybe you should be more careful when you’re picking someone to play a supernatural creature next time.” He winks.
 
To be completely honest, I was super excited for this short story because I hoped we would get some more information about Xavier and Clara, I am basically dying to find out what was the reason for their falling-out. Fortunately, we do get to read from their point of view, and oh, these were so heartbreaking! I already feel that My Scorned Best Friend will be super emotional.
For me, Noah was a completely new character. This guy appeared in only one single scene (he was so super cute, you can just feel that he really likes Mandi), and he totally managed to make me fall head over heels in love with him. I have no idea how he did it, but it is safe to say that I am impatiently waiting for August, because that is when My Fake Fiancé is going to be released, and it will be Noah and Mandis book.
Jed and Emelia have one of the best dad-daughter relationships I have ever read about, they are so super adorable together. ! SPOILER ALERT ! I swear I felt like my heart was going to explode with happiness when I was reading their chapter. This is when they really start to suspect that the reason behind Molly sickness is not just a simple bug, but rather pregnancy, but Emelia does not know that yet. She still believed that Molly is just sick, and she was so worried about her, it is simply impossible not to love this little girl. Not so much later, a pregnancy test confirms what they suspected: Molly is indeed pregnant. It was such a touching scene, I am so incredibly happy for them. Moreover, it was so heartwarming to see that Emelia refers to Molly as her mom, it was such a beautiful scene. ! END OF THE SPOILER SECTION !
I wholeheartedly love this series, but my biggest favourite couple is still Nikki and Logan (you can read more about them in My Vegas Groom). When I started to read A Greene Family Vacation, I just simply could not contain my excitement, I could not wait to read from their point of view. They never ever disappoint me, for me, they are the best.
In this novella, we get a little glimpse into the story of Cam and Chevelle. If you like books in which the heroine falls in love with her brothers best friend, then I think you should add My Brothers Forbidden Friend to your TBR too.
It was so amazing to see that Fisher and Allie are so in love with each other. Despite the fact that this trip was the most challenging for them, they did have some cute scenes. Although, my first thought was that Fisher did need and deserve some relaxing me-time, poor guy seemed so exhausted, and at that time the trip has not really started yet.
Ethel, Dori and Midge are the highlights of this novella, they always manage to make me laugh. I love these ladies so much, I can not wait for the release of the next Greene book so I can read more about them.

I head to the pool’s edge. “Emelia, listen to Uncle Adam and Aunt Lucy, okay?
She nods and puts up her hand in an okay gesture. “Gotcha. Take care of Mommy,” she says and swims off.
 
Taking everything into account, A Greene Family Vacation by Piper Rayne is the ultimate short novella for relaxing; it gave me all the summer vibes. It provided me with an opportunity to spend some more time in the company of my favourite characters on a completely different place. Moreover, words can not describe how excited and curious this novella made me for the next installments of this series. A Greene Family Vacation, in every aspect, is the perfect little tease for whats to come.
If you are not familiar with this author duos work, but you love series featuring big families in which each and every sibling get their own story, then I can highly and honestly recommend The Baileys and The Greene Family to you. Please do consider giving them a chance, trust me, you will not regret reading these books.
Final rating: 5 stars

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése